About the company
Metastate is a research and engineering team focused on implementing cutting-edge research from numerous disciplines (distributed systems, PLT, zero-knowledge cryptography) and deploying them to solve hard problems in the blockchain space, such as scalability, secure smart contract languages, secure randomness or privacy. In addition to the open-source R&D areas, Metastate is expanding its focus towards mainstream end-users, with the goals of making financial sovereignty, privacy-enhancing, and secure technologies as accessible for as many people as possible.
Metastate was founded in early 2019 by @adrian_brink, @awasunyin and @cwgoes, with extensive experience in the blockchain space and who previously co-founded Cryptium Labs, a security-oriented proof-of-stake validator from the Swiss Alps.
Working at Metastate
Metastate is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary researchers and engineers located around the world. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Participate in shaping and designing the products in collaboration with the rest of the product team
- Architecture and development of both front and back-end user-friendly website-based interfaces or applications that serve as extensions to web browsers.
- Development, maintenance, improvements, and upgrades of our communication and informational web-based platforms of different complexity levels.
- Work in close collaboration with other teams in integrating and continuously improving our interfaces and products based on internal and external feedback collected.
- Work with and integrate blockchain protocol, cryptocurrency, and cryptographic libraries in the backend of the projects and products.
- Developer-friendly documentation writing for both internal and external users, as well as its continuous improvement and maintenance.
- Company’s official website (v1.0): http://metastate.dev
- Product website (currently v.0): https://juvix.org
- Product website (currently v.0): https://masp.dev
- Forum (currently based on Discourse)
- Blog (currently based on Ghost): https://research.metastate.dev
- Capable and excited about navigating and contributing to the complete product and project lifecycle from inception.
- 5 years or more experience in front-end web development, ideally professionally or a combination of professional and personal experience via open-source projects – please share your portfolio of projects (open-source, hobby, professional projects) and, in case there are projects that are close-sourced, provide a written description.
- Previous contributions to personal or third party open-source projects.
- Deep understanding or previous professional or personal experience with React and Redux.
- Enjoy writing clean, maintainable, and testable code, as well as interest in internal and external usability of the systems, libraries, or products.
- Interest and motivation in staying up to date with the latest open-source, standards and best practices in the realm of web development and web-based products. Proactive at communicating, both verbally and in written form, and coordinating with the team.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English in order to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- Previous experience in interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience in interfaces in the realm of fintech, financial applications, or similar.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.