About the Role
We’re a fast-growing app design & development agency headquartered in downtown Jersey City across the river from Lower Manhattan. We're looking for a talented, creative, and strategic leader to join our team as our Design Director and help establish the product design discipline across all of our client engagements.
To be successful in this role, you will have a keen and skilled ability to create beautiful and compelling user-centric designs, while balancing the wider business needs. You can switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects and seek a wide array of design-thinking challenges. You'll work collaboratively with other leaders across the company to create an environment where the value of product design and research is understood by all—where thoughtful, intuitive, well-crafted product design can thrive.
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products - that’s all we care about!
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and details designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas
- Participate in multiple client engagements, in partnership with Engineering & Account Management teams, to deliver high quality deliverables & build deep client relationships.
- Participate in a hands-on manner through all product phases, from strategy to launch to optimization (this job is not just about making wireframes or participating in one phase)
- Manage outside specialty design contractors
- Provide leadership for project teams, infusing a superior design aesthetic into the work
- 5+ years of professional experience w/ at least 2+ years experience working directly with clients.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work across both mobile and web, including some prototypes
- Mastery of standard professional tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, and Figma.
- Long term client relationship development experience
- Successfully manages time, process, and workflow
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with prototyping tools