Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschooler apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 60 million downloads, three subscription services, 35+ apps, and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
As our product catalogue has grown so has our data and that is why we are looking for an ambitious Data Engineer to join our team. As our first dedicated Data Engineer, you will be accountable for mission-critical infrastructure that enables us to make informed decisions across all our product lines. This role is suitable for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced product-focused company.
We are open to remote candidates who are able to work within our core office hours - 10 am - 5 pm EST.
What you will do
- Work with stakeholders across the company to understand our data needs.
- Architect, build and maintain our cloud data infrastructure.
- Create batch and real-time data pipelines from both internal and external sources creating a robust dataset for our team to use.
- Build tools, dashboards, and automated reports that enable our analysts and product managers to analyze data on their own.
- Work closely with the growth team at our sister studio, Toca Boca, located in Stockholm, Sweden. Opportunities for occasional travel when safe to do so.
Who you are
- Past experience as a data engineer or a seasoned developer looking to transition into data. Years of experience help but your accomplishments matter more.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or GCP. We’ve outgrown AWS + RDS and you’ll help migrate us to a more modern toolset based on GCP data products.
- Have used big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Airflow, Beam, BigQuery, etc.
- Proficient with SQL and working with relational and non-relational databases.
- You understand the principles of software engineering, DevOps, and are comfortable coding in one or more languages (eg: Python, Scala, Java, etc).
- You are pragmatic and understand the tradeoffs between the perfect solution and a solution that can be iterated on over time as we continue to scale up.
- Experience with subscriptions, apps, and e-commerce would be a nice to have.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.