DroneDeploy is the enterprise-grade drone data platform for managing complex job sites. Trusted by brands globally, our software automates everything from flight to insight, making the power of aerial data accessible and productive for everyone. We’re transforming data collection across a variety of industries, including agriculture, oil & gas, construction, solar, and utilities, so teams can survey large areas and make informed decisions quickly, safely, and accurately. We are the leading drone software company with over 5,000 customers across 200 countries. Our team is comprised of passionate, tech-driven enthusiasts. Voted the #1 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area, we welcome talented professionals looking to make an impact.
The DevOps team is tasked with ensuring the reliability and security of our exponentially scaling platform, while serving as a force multiplier for the rest of the engineering organization. Other teams rely upon our expert guidance to design a product that earns the trust of our users, without slowing down the pace of development. We believe that automation and developer empowerment are the key to creating systems that are reliable and secure by default, while minimizing cycle times. We use a collection of SaaS, open source, and proprietary technologies; whichever provides the right solution and seamless integrations for that piece of the puzzle. Some of the key technologies we leverage include Docker (for code packaging and deployment), Kubernetes (for container orchestration), and Terraform (to control our cloud infrastructure).
- Empathize with the people who use the systems you build
- Excel at critical thinking and adapt to new situations
- Anticipate future problems, without over-engineering the present
- Share your expertise with others, but never stop learning new things
- Have a mind for simplifying unnecessary complexity
- Available to work remotely during our core hours which are 9am - 3pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Experience with container technology (Docker/cgroups/LXC/etc) and container orchestration (specifically Kubernetes)
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Experience solving difficult problems with a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python) in a Linux environment
- Experience writing and maintaining software applications (not just scripts, side projects ok)