We are looking for a Designer to join our Engineering team! While reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, your primary responsibility will be to design and document equipment used to build MSA products. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our commitment to our customer and our customer’s loyalty to MSA. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conceive and document concepts for all types of mechanical equipment and fixtures.
- Participate in the development of computer models and prototypes for new equipment
- Create drawings & sketches to enable the building of prototypes.
- Coordinate the procurement of components and equipment from local suppliers and internal
- Coordinate with manufacturing engineers and production workers to ensure that components
and materials are properly documented and accounted for in the design.
- Assist in material selection and testing/evaluation.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Solid experience in Pro-Engineer and SolidWorks software.
- Excellent computer skills, all common Windows software programs.
- Excellent communication skills, all forms from verbal to computer software.
- Excellent teamwork skills, to deal with production workers, engineers, and managers.
- Ability to work independently.
Associates Degree or two year of technical school degree with emphasis on math, science, or computer technology is required.
Experience for Level I:
Minimum of 1 year experience in producing routine 3D CAD models with company's standard CAD tools.
Experience for Level II:
3 years related 3D design experience.