About Us and Why We’re Hiring:
As a fast-growing company, building a best-in-class talent program is near the top of your list of challenges. And if you’ve sought external support, you’ve likely been underwhelmed and even frustrated by the options — the pace, the inflexible approach and lack of alignment.
We believe we've found a better way, and Beacon is the result!
We’re a group of operators and talent practitioners who are passionate about helping companies attract, engage and retain the right people. Having spent a combined 30+ years recruiting, consulting and leading teams at organizations like Google, Expedia, Airbnb and Hired, we were inspired to create a totally new kind of talent organization — one that’s made for modern companies.
Beacon is built on three principles:
- The one-size-fits-all approach is dead. Every company wants to hire the best people, but their resources, internal teams and hiring needs vary. This is why we don’t just give you a little of column A and a little of column B — we create a customized program that maps to where you are today, and continues to scale and evolve as you grow.
- Process + insight = hiring success. Compared to nearly every other business discipline, recruiting has been woefully slow to modernize its practices and adapt to new technology. That’s why we’ve coupled a much-needed dose of data and analytics with proven strategies from sales and marketing to optimize every part of the hiring funnel. The result? A repeatable framework that quickly drives results across a variety of different roles.
- Talent partner > recruiting agency. In the competitive, fast-moving world of talent acquisition, you deserve more than just another vendor. You deserve a real partner who is an authority on all things hiring, invested in your success and provides value in ways you didn’t even know you needed.
We’re on a mission to change the way that companies hire. Are you in?
What We’re Looking For:
We are bringing on a Sourcing Specialist to join the Beacon family. Your mission will be to support the Candidate Acquisition team to Beacon’s portfolio of growing organizations by delivering exceptional value and impact through consistent execution across our sourced channels. Internally, you will support and fulfill the candidate identification expectations across multiple roles we manage for our clients.
This role is adaptable based on seniority. We don't mind whether you're on the lesser or more experienced end of the spectrum, as long as you can confidently accomplish the outcomes described here. We are open to candidates outside of the United States.
That’s a super-brief intro to what you’ll be working on. But first, you need to know if you’ll even like working with us! Let’s talk about life at Beacon and then we’ll go into detail about what we’re looking for. Now, back to you, our newest Sourcing Specialist…
Who Are You? You Are Our Ideal Candidate If:
- You are an exceptional communicator, both in written and verbal mediums. You can build consensus and relationships amongst managers, partners, customers, and employees.
- You are organized and able to plan, schedule, and budget in a methodical, productive manner. You know how to proactively identify and focus on the key priorities.
- You pay attention to details. You don’t let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- You follow-through on commitments, setting proper expectations early and often.
- You hold yourself to high standards of honesty and integrity. You don’t cut corners ethically. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. We appreciate those who speak plainly and truthfully.
- You are experienced in candidate identification and have sourced for complex technical and non-technical roles in the startup space before.
- You are experienced using Boolean & X-Ray search within sourcing tools such as, but not limited to: LinkedIn Recruiter, Hiretual, AngelList, Indeed, GitHub, Careerbuilder, Monster, Underdog.io, etc. Access to your own licenses is a plus.
At Beacon, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Beacon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.