Do you find fulfillment in communicating with customers to understand what they like, what they can’t live without, and what they absolutely don’t want? Do you feel unsatisfied until your product is the best option out there? Are you innovative, analytical, and growth-oriented? If so, keep reading.
Simplero is a product-led SaaS company that helps coaches, authors, and speakers transform lives at scale through online courses and memberships. We’re an all-remote team of 35 trailblazers passionate about service, personal growth, and simplicity. We have helped over 2500 customers in 30 countries make over $225M. We’re changing lives, providing livelihoods, and our service is incredibly valuable. We’re a team united by our shared values of growth, ownership, service, and hunger.
As our Product Marketer, you’ll help us dramatically improve our core product and ensure great fit with our customers’ needs.
We have a very solid product that customers love, a very solid engineering team, and one incredible UI designer. We’re looking to dramatically invest in our core product this year, and you’ll be key to making that a success. That means your job will be both exciting and hard.
We have high standards, and we’re going to expect a lot of you. But the payoff both personally and professionally will be immense. Working at Simplero will open your world and professional career to abundant opportunities for growth. You will be working on all stages of the product development process and will have a real impact on the product and our customers’ lives.
A Little Bit About You
- You’re great at understanding users
- You effectively communicate with customers, customer success, marketing, and engineering
- You have exceptional research, data, and analytical skills
- You have proven experience with product management
- You’re super organized and operations-oriented
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with customers, marketing, designers, engineers, and leadership to manage feature development from conception to adoption, marketing, and monetization.
- Collaborate with the team on product vision and roadmap and and get clear on the features and values we want to offer for each buyer persona
- Conduct and analyze user research and maintain our avatars
- Analyze metrics from and manage in-app instrumentation (Heap, Pendo, Fullstory, etc.)
- Conduct win/loss analysis
- Prototype new features and get feedback from customers
- Monitor the competitive landscape and ensure we maintain an excellent value prop
- Manage the engineering queue and set the engineering team up for success
- Continuously improve the onboarding experience and activation rate
- Work with customer success to continuously improve retention and customer excitement
- Work with Product Marketing and the rest of the team to define packages, pricing and features
- Deliver product experiences our customers love every day
KPIs you’ll own:
- North Star Metric
- Activation rate
- Net Promoter Score
What you'll be held accountable for:
- User avatars
- Feature lifecycle—conception, prototyping, design, pricing, implementation, marketing, adoption
- Customer journey from trial to activation to expansion
- Product roadmap
- Feature request and bug report triage
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of product management experience (or similar role)
- A hunger for learning and growing
- A knack for design thinking, working backwards from the problem, and constantly check assumptions
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research to inform decisions
- Empathy and love for customers
- Great communication and persuasion skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Changing lives at scale. Making the tools that empower experts to make a living teaching others is seriously high-leverage work.
- Be part of a lean, efficient, high-autonomy, high-accountability team.
- Show exactly what you created AND know exactly how many customers benefit from it how often.
- A team of A players to work with to help you execute on your roadmap
- Know how great it feels when you make a customer’s day. You’re not locked in a room 4 floors away from anyone who talks to a customer: you’ll see the impact of each bug fix, “surprise and delight” tweak, and feature.
- Access to hundreds of hours of training material, books, workouts, etc.. For just about anything you want to learn about Internet business, personal growth, software development—if it’s not already in our virtual library, just ask.
- Personal and professional coaching. Who do you want to be? How do you want to grow yourself and your career? We’ll help you get there.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation + 10 holidays per year. Yes. We want you to get some perspective and rest.
- Generous profit sharing. Since we don’t have stock options, this is how we do it.
What Sets Simplero Apart
- No VCs. 100% customer and sweat equity funded, privately owned, and we’re not in it for an exit. We’re here to serve our clients and do work that matters for decades to come.
- Profitable. Been in business for 11+ years. Solid, stable, proven company, product, and business model.
- 2,300 active customers. Our customers have earned over $225M using Simplero.
- Our founder & CEO is a developer and built the product himself for the first several years. Deep technical understanding and support all the way to the top.
- We solve real problems for real people that are happy to pay us real money. We sign off each day knowing we made a difference in someone's life.
- We do things differently from other companies. You'll see. We laugh a lot. We’re real with each other. We breathe. We care.
- We have customers that have been with us for over ten years, and still love us as much as we love them!