ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup with an office in Austin, TX (Southwest Parkway) making a big impact in the eCommerce Shipping space. Founded in 2009, we are a premier shipping experience manager for eCommerce sites, selling to clients large and small around the world. We have a fantastic reputation and are recognized for our high-quality service. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly!
Our design team is looking for a senior designer to work on various aspects of the ShipperHQ product experience.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who isn’t afraid of delving into any design project whether it's marketing or product-related. This is a design position. We are not looking for a developer who designs but a designer who can do some development. You will be working closely with the marketing team and collaborate with a fast-paced team of content strategists, and designers to help tell ShipperHQ’s story and design its future.
If you are based in Austin, TX you will be working in our HQ office with a fantastic team of creative, driven people. Due to covid we are currently working from home but will eventually find our way back to the office. At this time we are ONLY considering candidates from TX or OH for this position.
The designer we are looking for will:
- Work on a website design that will effectively and creatively sell our brand story and powerful product to potential new users
- Develop brand visual assets and enforce brand integrity across a wide range of digital and print applications
- Work closely with our marketing team to execute a full website design update
- Manage design and UI updates on all company websites
- Turn static comps into functional pages using html/css/react (Important*)
- Be a meticulous time manager who can balance several open projects and maximize productivity on tight timelines
- Contribute to the core usability and visual design standards that will help to deliver a consistent experience to all users
- Mentor and direct the creative work of Jr. Designers on the team.
- Act as a strategic problem-solver, helping to make complex processes simple for the end-user and improve our in-app experiences
- 5+ years of experience in graphic and web design
- Proven experience as a visual storyteller turning complex business problems into simple and engaging designs
- Proficient in Adobe CS, Sketch, Figma Invision and Keynote
- Some experience with WordPress themes
- Working knowledge of git, HTML, CSS, rails
- Strong communications skills and daily transparency on your progress with remote team members
When applying, please provide:
- A link to a portfolio of your work that is relevant for this role. Applicants without portfolios will not be considered.
- A personal note about yourself highlighting why you feel like this role is a good fit
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your resume