At Rooof, we build the world’s best software for automatically creating classified-ads. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built. We love working together and we’re very good at innovating, selling, and turning customers into evangelists! We’ve been growing rapidly and need a Graphic Designer who can create stunning visuals, beautify our existing resources, and help in designing interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
We’re a tech company that deals in B2B sales, so this position is well suited to the Jack or Jill-of-all-trades who excels at producing professional-looking (often) digital, and (sometimes) print media, as well as having a certain level of familiarity with web-based technologies and user interfaces.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on new projects and the chance to revitalize existing content.
This is a full-time position that is open to to both local (Victoria, BC) and remote candidates.
Who you’d be working with
Michelle, Katherine, and Justine create and manage most of our marketing material and customer-facing documents. They’ll handle the strategy and copywriting, but need someone to round out the “Content Team” by contributing feedback and taking care of the visual elements, like layout and graphics.
Miranda is our UX Designer and will need your help supplying various graphic resources for new interface mock-ups, as well as feedback on refining the look and feel of the UI, and bringing it to higher fidelity.
Allen, Tom and Marly are our salespeople and do a lot of direct interfacing with prospective customers. They’ll need you to keep their trade kits fresh and sharp, including but not limited to booths, business cards, and various marketing materials.
Matt leads the Product team and will set your priorities and help organize and manage your workload. Graphic Designer is a unique position in our company and everyone will want a piece of your time!
What does your day look like?
Digital and Print Media
- Design and maintain user-facing documents and guides
- Design newsletter and email templates
- Design digital resources for web advertising, social media, and online distribution
- Ensure consistent branding across all resources.
- Maintain Branding Guidelines with all current standards.
- Design marketing materials and swag design destined for physical print.
- Design elements of our trade show presence.
- Much, much more! You’re the artist!
- Assist in the design of user interfaces that are a pleasure to look at and easy to use.
- Assist in designing and maintaining any company/product websites.
- Be our paint and brush and canvas, for we are only programmers!
Who are you?
- You are detail-oriented.
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now.
- You have exceptional problem-solving abilities and you don't give up.
- You are customer-focused and you strive to create evangelists.
- You have 3+ years of work experience.
- Knowledge of Digital and Print media design.
- Knowledge of UI/UX Concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge of video/audio production is a plus.
- If you have any experience writing code, let us know!
- You have an education that demonstrates core principles in the field and a clear ability to learn and deliver excellence.
- Previous experience in any customer service role is beneficial (even your first job in high school)
What success looks like?
More than anything, we need someone who is detail-oriented and committed to delivering design work that is easy on the eyes, easy to understand, and easy to use. We need it done right, not necessarily right now.
Here’s are some hypothetical examples of work you might do:
- Our engineering team created a new Customer Portal that can process data efficiently, and our UX designer has mocked-up a usable interface to lay over it to handle inputs and outputs, but we’ll need you to polish the interface and bring it up to a beautiful production level design before it reaches our customers.
- Katherine is setting up a drip campaign that will involve sending a mix of emails as well as real-life swag to our prospects. She has collected requirements and drafted content but needs you to create a series of email templates that are meant to impress. She’s has also been in contact with some swag manufacturers and has a list of graphic resources you’ll need to design to specification for printing purposes.
- As part of our customer training process, we’re creating a standardized training video. Alanah has a script and someone to do the voice-over work, but you’ll need to screen capture video footage of our Extension in action and edit it all together. It would need to be pleasant to watch, while efficiently educating new users.
- Tom and Allen are headed to a big trade show, but our primary sales brochures are outdated and looking a little stale. Our biggest, newest features aren’t even listed! Work with the Marketing team to make sure we’re sending out the right message to prospective customers. If there’s time, maybe you can whip up some flashy new business cards, or an awesome infographic too!
- Michelle and Matt are working on a go-to-market for a new product launch. We’ll need to update our product list on our corporate website, create an informative landing page with a detailed and visual description, as well as a PDF version that can be emailed to our customers.
Compensation – just in case fun people and great products aren't enough!
- We pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family (after 90 days)
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Bonus vacation December 26-31, but we take turns on call.
Where does this go?
We're expanding rapidly so we expect opportunities for accelerated personal growth as we continue with new products and new customers.
Each person is expected to train and mentor their replacement before they advance to a new role within the company. We expect a person to hold this position for at least 2 years before being considered for advancement.