Junior Back end Developer
Looking for challenges in a high-growth, high-impact market? Ready to start an exciting journey? Ignitia has a small team of dedicated scientists, developers and meteorologists that now wish to expand with a back-end developer whose main focus will be to carry out integrations with mobile network operators and build back-end infrastructure powering our products and services.
The company Ignitia is an entrepreneur led business that offers critical decision support in West Africa and Brazil. Based on several years of development and market traction, our science-based innovation is designed for the agriculture sector. We have developed a weather forecasting model for the tropics that is twice as accurate as existing models, allowing us to provide critical weather data and forecasts to farmers and agribusinesses through various channels such as mobile phones and web dashboards. Using our forecasts, small-scale farmers have the ability to double yields and incomes, reducing food insecurity and poverty for some of the poorest in the world.
To date we have reached over 1,300,000 farmers with our daily weather forecasts. Due to our pioneering position and proven track record we now offer the right person the opportunity to grow with the company.
The position Ignitia AB has a vacancy for a full-time junior back-end developer to work within the technical team while interfacing with the mobile marketing manager and other business units.
Main duties will include:
● Design, build and maintain our back-end systems, consisting of a set of Python applications, databases (PostgreSQL), and REST/SOAP services (Flask).
● Monitor the performance of our systems, look for any problems or bottlenecks, respond to system anomalies and malfunctions, and improve the systems robustness.
● Identify opportunities to improve the existing services and workflows in order to enhance the development experience and operations.
Qualifications In addition to having a university degree (at BSc or MSc level), we expect you to have experience and skills in:
● Engineering mindset and great problem solving abilities ● Comfortable with the Unix environment and shell scripting ● Solid back-end development skills (while not shying away from the odd front-end related job) ● Solid understanding of at least a couple of these technologies: Python, Flask, relational databases (especially PostgreSQL), microservices ● In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
Beneficial skills include knowledge of:
● Concurrent and asynchronous programming in Python and related libraries/frameworks (multiprocessing, greenlet, asyncio, Sanic, FastAPI) ● Distributed systems, cloud-development and containerization (Docker) ● Task queues and message-brokers (Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka) ● Continuous deployment and test automation tools
In addition, you should:
● Work efficiently, valuing autonomy and getting things done, but also as part of a team ● Maintain focus under rapidly changing work tasks and under time pressure ● Be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts ● Have a positive attitude ● Have good written and communication skills in English
Remuneration & terms of employment Salary commensurate with skills, expertise and experience. Other employment terms and conditions will be agreed during contracting phase.
Application Please email your CV and a cover letter to info at ignitia.se with the subject “Junior Back-end Developer”. Last date for applying is February 12, 2021.