We are Dalia Research, a leading market and consumer research startup. About a year ago we launched Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $18 Billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Revolut, Unilever, and more - and we’re just getting started!
The journey that awaits you
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with your fellow engineers, your Tech Lead and members of the Product team to deliver top notch software as part of a rapidly-growing company.
Some tools we currently use include TypeScript, React, Emotion and we deploy to Amazon CloudFront. More important than any tool is our relaxed yet challenging working environment. Our small engineering teams of 3–8 people are encouraged to solve their own problems with a great degree of freedom, to see their work through to completion and to take pride in – and full ownership of – the applications they work on.
As a senior engineer you will set the standard for your team, taking initiative in setting estimates and delivering to both internal and external deadlines. You will find plenty of opportunities for career development, personal growth and technical problem solving as part of an upbeat, optimistic team of engineers who share your enthusiasm for open and empathetic communication.
Your skills and expertise
- Professional, up-to-date experience with CSS, and an understanding of recent movements in this space, such as CSS-in-JS
- You know your way around Node.js, npm and its competing build systems, as well as cross-compilers and transpilers like Babel
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Cleanliness in your work – you produce well-documented pull requests that can be understood by your colleagues, and you document the higher level behaviour of your applications
- You take pride in testing your code whilst understanding the trade-offs that need to be made in some testing circumstances
- Ability to lead – you are comfortable driving projects forward with your technical decision making
- You have a pragmatic, polyglot approach – you use the best tool for the job
- You understand that proactive verbal and written communication is a large part of software engineering
- You maintain a solid understanding of how your work relates to the goals of the company
- You are enthusiastic about solving problems and motivated to help the people around you succeed
- You are productive when working with legacy code and you are always looking for refactoring opportunities
- You always keep the big picture in mind when focusing on one part of the system
- You have an automate-everything approach – streamlining processes and eliminating manual work excites you!
- You are a lifelong learner – you follow movements in software development and continually improve your skills
- You prefer collaborative work over working alone – team success is important to you
- You use your years of experience to raise the team higher, but you are humble enough to accept that you can always learn something new from your more junior colleagues
These skills and characteristics describe our ideal candidate for the role. Nonetheless we encourage candidates who don’t meet 100% of these requirements to apply – highly motivated people with varying backgrounds and experiences can grow into this role. If you’re missing one or two requirements in your employment history but you are driven to help Latana succeed, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
Finally, a little bit more about us
- A challenging, yet encouraging work environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product
- A yearly education budget to contribute to your lifelong learning
- A yearly stipend for use on either public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally
- A MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed
- A beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Regular team outings on our two company boats!
Since 2013, we have been driven by one mission: to generate information that helps us better understand the world we live in. We do this by developing technology that collects and analyses data on the opinions, thoughts, and hopes of people from over 100 countries. To date, our clients have included a preeminent set of Fortune 500 companies, mid-market enterprises, and public sector organizations. We help our clients gather insights on topics ranging from brand performance to sustainability, to the current state of democracy. Who are “we”? An amazing, diverse, and open-minded team consisting of curious and driven people from almost 40 countries all based in our lavish Berlin HQ.
Dalia Research is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).