We are Dalia Research, a leading market and consumer research startup. About a year ago we launched Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $18 Billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Revolut, Unilever, and more - and we’re just getting started!
The journey that awaits you
You will work closely with our Data Science and Data Operations teams to ensure continuous, flawless data delivery to our customers. Together with product managers and software engineers, you will work to optimise and refactor the Python applications used by our Data Science team to run our ever-evolving MRP estimation system. You will collaborate on the design and implementation of data transformation and migration procedures which bring our operational capabilities in line with the rapid growth of the Latana product.
Your skills and expertise
- Strong SQL knowledge, particularly for working optimally with large datasets
- Experience with classic databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and data warehouse solutions like Amazon Redshift
- A solid professional background in Python development, with experience in other languages too
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL procedures
- Working knowledge of typical data science tooling like pandas, scikit, Jupyter
- Iterative development – you continuously integrate your changes into the codebase even though you have a long term vision in mind
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and best practices – candidates who understand how their software engineering work overlaps with this area will have a big advantage
- Experience of containerisation and infrastructure orchestration would also be beneficial
What we offer
- You have a pragmatic, polyglot approach – you use the best tool for the job
- You understand that proactive communication is a large part of software engineering
- You’re just as happy when modifying or refactoring legacy code as when working on something brand new
- You maintain a solid understanding of how your work relates to the goals of the company
- You are enthusiastic about solving problems and motivated to help the people around you succeed
- You are productive when working with legacy code and you are always looking for refactoring opportunities
- You always keep the big picture in mind when focusing on part of the system
- You have an automate-everything approach – streamlining processes and eliminating manual work excites you!
Finally, a little bit more about us
- A challenging, yet encouraging work environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product
- A yearly education budget to contribute to your lifelong learning
- A yearly stipend for use on either public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally
- A MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed
- A beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Regular team outings on our two company boats!
Since 2013, we have been driven by one mission: to generate information that helps us better understand the world we live in. We do this by developing technology that collects and analyses data on the opinions, thoughts, and hopes of people from over 100 countries. To date, our clients have included a preeminent set of Fortune 500 companies, mid-market enterprises, and public sector organizations. We help our clients gather insights on topics ranging from brand performance to sustainability, to the current state of democracy. Who are “we”? An amazing, diverse, and open-minded team consisting of curious and driven people from almost 40 countries all based in our lavish Berlin HQ.
Dalia Research is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).