The Senior Engineering Manager, Merchandising is a new senior role within the Foot Locker Retail technology team and is accountable for the overall technology management in the merchandising management space. This role will work with business and IS&T peers and stakeholders in understanding the requirements, defining solution scope, and outlining best in class technology solution architectures, and implementing and maintaining them to drive positive value and business outcomes and will also apply deep subject matter expertise technologies and to identify, develop, implement and operationally support solutions that improve productivity and processes, increase efficiencies, and optimize costs savings.
- Lead and manage the Footlocker merchandizing technology solutions both existing and emerging solutions. This includes but not limited to technology solutions related to planning, allocation, catalog, etc. to transform and simplify the ecosystem will striving towards modernization of technology.
- Take ownership of current in-flight solutions and their development.
- Design, own, and maintain technology lifecycle roadmaps in the assigned technology portfolio.
- Perform detailed analysis of inventory business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
- Lead the transformation initiative to build engineering culture in the team.
- Research leading-edge technologies and processes for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with internal and external development teams to track delivery solutions to defined architectural standards.
- Lead, align, influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries within IS&T and business functions (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations) without direct authority.
- Manage the resolution of cross-functional and cross-platform issues, tradeoffs, and risks in accordance with IT objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software engineering or related information technology experience.
- Experience in software engineering management.
- In-depth functional and technical knowledge with extensive working experience in eCommerce and brick and mortar retail processes and technologies.
- Technology solutions experience with merchandising, product, planning, allocation, catalog, etc.
- Leadership experience in managing complex and wide scoping full life cycle implementations at enterprise scale.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of developing and delivering highly scalable and available distributed systems.
- Experience working with the following tools & technologies: Node & Angular.js, Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Hazelcast, Testing Automation tools (i.e., Selenium, Jasmine).
- Experience working with collaboration, technical delivery and CI/CD tools like Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc.
- Deep familiarity with PaaS services, containers, orchestrations.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore and on-shore development teams and across time-zone and regions.
- Experience with Scrum and an Agile Development environment.
- Partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across IS&T, business, and with external partners with a high degree of self-awareness and influencing abilities.
- Strong technical presentation skills to Senior Executives.
- Previous experience at a Fortune 500 company, preferred.