CloudOps is a cloud consulting and services company focused on open source, cloud platforms, networking and DevOps. We help businesses thrive in a data-driven software economy with successful adoption and operation of cloud platforms, enabling self-service, utility economics and API-automated, continuous delivery of IT. CloudOps helps its customers own their destiny in the clouds.
CloudOps is looking for a motivated Cloud Architect to help companies of various sizes adopt cloud and cloud-native technologies. You will review customers’ current infrastructure and application platform architecture and help them on the path of migration to cloud or application platform modernization. You will use modern cloud infrastructure design patterns and when appropriate introduce cloud-native development technologies and processes. A core requirement is to build and maintain relationships with these customers providing technical guidance to infrastructure architects, application developers and operators. The position requires a balance between multiple disciplines and strong interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position open to candidates in Eastern Canada. We are currently operating in a remote-first approach.
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to public cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices at CloudOps.
- Be a subject-matter expert as it relates to the Azure, Google, and/or AWS cloud platform and DevOps marketplace.
- Design public cloud infrastructure and DevOps solutions, architectures and roadmaps.
- Evolve and build best practice materials for Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration Management.
- Deploy Kubernetes and container solutions to various public clouds and on-prem.
- Enable development teams to leverage cloud-native architectures with new and existing applications.
- Deliver workshops and labs about cloud technologies, cloud operations, containers, orchestrators and microservices.
- Create and curate workshop and lab material, keeping it relevant and up-to-date.
- Enable sales including knowledge transfer, architecture and design, as well as participate in the sales cycle as needed.
- Participate in community and market activities including participation in trade shows.
- Create, build and grow partnerships with various organizations relevant to the practice.
- Design and implement supporting services to augment a customer's application architecture. Some examples include, but not limited to; ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana), Vault, Consul, Kafka, Prometheus, Istio, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of networking for public clouds, containers and orchestrators.
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging for containers and orchestrators.
- Knowledge of hypervisor technologies, such as; VMware, KVM and XenServer.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet and SaltStack.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation and ARM.
- Software development and scripting experience using Python and/or Golang.
- Interest in containerization technologies such as Docker, Containerd, etc.
- Interest in Kubernetes and the surrounding CNCF landscape.
- Experience with cloud deployment automation and configuration management for GCP, AWS, Azure or OpenStack.
- Knowledge with and high interest in continuous integration via tools like GitlabCI and Spinnaker.
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 10 years in business and internationally recognized leader in cloud computing
- Ranked in the PROFIT 500 list the last five consecutive years
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Collaborative and friendly culture
- Leading-edge 24/7 telehealth and lifestyle services
- Opportunities to work with and in different teams
- Ongoing learning and training, with certifications
- Participate in open source and partner communities
- Weekly (remote) happy hour
- Group online gaming sessions
- Our very own beehive: encouraging urban biodiversity and enacting real systematic change
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to CloudOps.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.