Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be part of designing and implementing Order Brokering and Fulfilment APIs for our websites, customers and partners consuming internal and external services on our Core Retail team. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving complex business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and has hands on experience with Java & NOSQL + implementation experience with Messaging Systems.
- Active participation in back-end development efforts in building a robust Order Brokering Fulfillment platform.
- Design and implement RESTful API’s using proven design principles and patterns
- Design and develop utility functions and cross cutting modules.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum test driven development environment.
- Develop unit and functional tests for the code developed.
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams.
- Lead and mentor other members to build scalable applications with best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in building back end systems and applications and building scalable RESTful API’s.
- Experience working within a production environment.
- Strong understanding of OO principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Must have hands on experience with Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks, SQL and NoSQL databases and implementing Message Que Systems. Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Chef etc.) and containerization/orchestration technologies is a plus.
- Exposure to cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience within a retail or tech company environment a plus.