Data Centers around the world are experiencing a massive revolution, driven by containers, microservices and cloud native architectures. Traefik Labs is a VC backed company that develops simple and future-proof cloud-native networking solutions for modern IT environments. The company’s popular open source projects include Traefik, the cloud-native edge router with more than 1.4 billion downloads and used by the world’s largest web companies. Traefik Labs’ mission is to simplify cloud-native adoption for all enterprises.
We believe that simpler is better, that Open Source is superior, and community drives innovation!
Having largely proven product-market fit, Traefik Labs is now building the Marketing and Sales team that will drive it to the next level, with solid business ambitions in Europe and the USA. If you love the energy of fast growing tech startups and feel at home in the data center infrastructures space, Traefik Labs may be your next challenge!
As a Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the narrative of Traefik Labs’ open source and commercial products by creating clear and compelling positioning and messaging, and educating and evangelizing the market. You'll work closely with marketing and sales teams by equipping them with sales tools and marketing material to position the product, business benefits, and competitive differentiation while working with cross-functional teams to launch new products to market.
- Develop Traefik Labs product positioning, value proposition and messaging that differentiates our products from other competitive products in the market
- Create key product collateral assets that help explain our products, solutions and services offerings (technical presentations, white papers, case studies, presentations, blogs, videos)
- Gather competitive intelligence about other commercial and open-source products and drive competitive analysis and positioning
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Support the development of marketing communications across different channels
- Work closely with industry analysts to participate in and influence their reporting on the industry and their view of Traefik Labs
- Produce compelling external-facing content, including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides
- Drive compelling product launches and marketing campaigns
- Work with ecosystem partners to create joint value proposition documents and partner collaterals
- Participate in technical aspects of go-to-market (GTM) engagements like roadshows, workshops, webinars, solutions demos, and industry and partner events
- Synthesize customer feedback to discover emergent needs and trends that lead to innovative solutions.
- Connecting with customers and users of our solutions to define customer testimonials and case studies
What you’ll bring
- Successful experience with technical software products, either as product marketer, content marketer or business developer
- You’re innately passionate about open source technologies and their communities
- Good understanding of data center infrastructure and related businesses
- Excellent people and project management skills to interact and organize teamwork across functional teams and third parties.
- Standing-out written communication and presentation skills
- Capability and experience in engaging with prospects, clients, media, influencers and partners at all levels, including DevOps and C-levels
This position calls for the following qualities
- A very strong team spirit: we believe that the quality of our team is the number one asset of the Company
- Extreme focus on meeting goals: we are fast growing, but this is just the beginning; we are an industry leader that strives for perfect execution
- A creative mind who loves to share: while accomplishing goals requires focus, we do not work in silos; innovating and sharing matter to us
- Anything from a serious interest to a definite passion for Open Source
- Whatever your native language is, you have solid skills in English (French is a plus)
- While we practice remote working, the team regularly meets in real life; the ambition is international – as is our users base – and the missions require various level of international travelling
This position is based in San Francisco, California, though we’d love to speak with any qualified U.S. based candidates.
Learn more about the role and apply here.