Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
To learn more about how Clue works behind the scenes, check out our engineering blog, Bleeding Edge.
Clue is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join a cross-functional team, collaborating with developers and product owners to expand our testing harness for the Clue App. You will be responsible for reducing testing overhead in the product development and maintenance effort, as well as increasing confidence via introducing consistency through automation.
You will help the team navigate new challenges around privacy and developing medically regulated software by participating in all stages of development from early design, to implementation, to test execution. You will advocate for feature testability, and collaborate with developers on building testing infrastructures on the integration and UI levels.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional development team to write, perform, and automate manual test plans for new features for the Clue app. Report issues and work with the team to improve the app quality pre and post release.
- Manage regular releases, helping the team deliver new code with more efficiency and less stress—by smoothing the release processes from within the team, pushing for meaningful changes, and contributing to the CI pipeline.
- Develop and expand Clue’s inhouse testing automation infrastructure to continuously meet the ever evolving app feature set.
- Collaborate with technical support agents in order to identify serious issues reported by users and help push them into the development cycle.
- Experience with automated testing in any of the following fields:
- Mobile test automation - Espresso, XCUITest or their equivalents
- Testing infrastructures
- Consumer driven contracts
- API testing
- Experienced in testing methodologies—You have proven success working on one or more of the following:
- Mobile application testing
- Front-end testing
- Strong agile mindset—You have experience working in a cross functional agile team, delivering user stories with clear requirements and acceptance criteria. You understand all the moving parts in a mobile release pipeline, and you are passionate about making life easier for your team through constant case analysis of work processes converted into actionables from sprint to sprint.
- You adhere to the principles of “disagree and commit”, as well as “done is better than perfect”, and you help your team stay in scope so that valuable updates reach the users in a steady stream.
- Diligent—you keep well-organized records of your work and provide the right amount of detail in bug reports.
- Familiarity with task management systems (Jira, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience in scripting in Unix environment
- Experience working with CI systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Go-CD etc.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
For the time being, while there is a risk of Covid-19 infections, Clue operates as a remote-first company.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.