About Tokyo Academics
Tokyo Academics is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics from around the world. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends to a growing number of part-time and full-time individuals located in Tokyo, as well as working remotely. We are an organization of experts deeply passionate about helping students meet their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
We are looking for a Head of Online Vocab to lead our online vocabulary division. You will be working remotely or in person to help our team grow our division, manage a team of tutors, and develop our program's strength. An ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and is great with customers as they will take customer feedback and implement it into our program.
What you will work on:
- Providing customer care to parents and students enrolled in the program. This includes goal setting, regular follow ups, onboarding, and receiving feedback.
- Develop and set goals, targets, and KPI’s for the division. You will lead the team in execution strategy and report on your targets to members of management.
- Creating marketing campaigns and maintaining a constant pulse on the customer experience from the customer use case to user persona to competitive landscape - through regular customer contact and monitoring of the enterprise software security market.
- Working with the Program Manager to review and maintain a high quality of teaching amongst our tutors.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all division activities including personnel administration, performance management and review, defining functions, responsibilities, etc.
- Work with the Program Manager to develop and expand the current Online Vocabulary & TOEFL curriculums
- Manage and maintain the division budget and work with our finance team to develop monthly financial reporting.
Our ideal candidate:
- Native English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Fluent Japanese (speaking/reading/writing)
- Knowledge in one or multiple online cloud-based Customer Relationship Management software (Hubspot) preferred.
- Good systematic and organizational skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, curious and a self-starter
- 2+ years experience in similar education or operations role
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonuses based on company growth
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- Join a growing bootstrapped company with a lot of potential for growth
- Autonomy to implement ideas and have a significant impact
- Monday – Friday, 40hrs per week (10am to 7pm JST)
- Fully remote or in-person at our office in Nishiazabu