is looking for a Content Marketing Manager who will serve as storyteller in chief, developing a steady cadence of compelling marketing content and campaigns—continually working to improve and maximize their impact on our marketing efforts and our organization’s mission.
In this role, you will -
• Plan and execute content marketing initiatives to drive awareness, traffic, engagement, and leads, tracking performance and engagement metrics to ensure effectiveness
• Drive the development of meaningful and compelling content on a regular basis in the form of stories on the blog, web pages, infographics, videos, PDFs, slides, and other materials that effectively convey our story and move our audience to action
• Collaborate across teams to mine and track potential stories and testimonials—from our data, our team, research, our teachers, our partners, the CS and education communities
• Maintain a repository of all usable general marketing assets and content
• Track and keep up to date the statistics and data integral to our content and ensure they are used consistently across all content
• Optimize content architecture and organization for easy consumption by our audiences
• Write blog stories and create or update web pages and other materials
• Edit, proofread, and improve content across all communications from various teams, ensuring content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
• Develop and maintain editorial calendar in collaboration with the Marketing team
• Serves as channel manager for the blog and the website, fielding requests, tracking performance, and optimizing the effectiveness of channels
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role, you should be a self-starter, experienced in communications, who can multitask, work efficiently and excel under pressure. As our ideal candidate, you will quickly produce clear and compelling marketing content. You’ll be tech-savvy and agile, with the ability to swiftly prioritize duties, pivoting as needed on multiple ongoing projects. You should be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to adapt writing to different styles and voices (marketing copywriting as well as storytelling)
• Insightful ability to connect disparate sources of information and data to formulate cohesive stories and compelling content.
• Experience with analyzing and interpreting data to uncover the key insights and trends
• Content development experience (Some direct hands-on experience with craftingsimple infographics, producing markdown or HTML, and/or editing simple videos like cropping, stitching is desired)
• Familiarity with content performance tracking methodologies and website analytics tools
• Proven ability to work effectively across a wide range of internal teams, and produce on deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Project management skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Google suite of office applications
• A keen eye for visual clarity in communications (layout, spacing, length)
• Over 5 years of relevant experience in communications and technology
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field—or equivalent work experience
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
Step 1: Informational Interview - learn more about the role and share your experience
Step 2: Interviews with several members of the Marketing team
Step 3: Final Interview + Meet & Greet with 2-3 members of the Code.org
Step 4: Reference checks
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually via Google Meet
The application deadline for this role is Sunday, February 7 @ 11:59 pm PST. Our team will review all applications and if we believe your qualifications would make a great fit, we'll reach out by Tuesday, February 9, 2021 to schedule an informational interview.