We are a software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) enables users to send and track personalized email campaigns from their GMail account, simply using a Spreadsheet to configure their mailing list. It is used and highly rated by millions of users
to empower their day-to-day activities and it fits with many use cases such as sales, recruiting, events.
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We are profitable and growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights. Come shape the future of spreadsheet-driven applications, communication and productivity!
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Owner to join our growing team! In the words of Joel Spolsky, a Product Owner is invaluable
(back in the day Microsoft called them Program Managers, but Product Owner seems to be the correct wording nowadays...). They make sure that the product isn’t driven by technical elegance more than marketability, and they make sure everyone is aligned on the product direction.
Working as a Product Owner at YAMM is a unique opportunity. We have millions of users and thousands of customers waiting for you to make their lives easier. We are a small team, so you won’t be one of a hundred and your impact will be felt inside and outside the company. You will help drive us in new directions. You’ll help us see things we haven’t seen before, consider things we’ve never considered before, and bring fresh perspective to our team. Brighten us up and put a big smile on our customers’ faces.
The Product Owner will report to the Head of Product and work closely with the Design, Engineering and Support teams.
- Gather requirements and write functional specifications for everything: new features, bug fixes, billing system upgrades, etc.
- Break down the specs into Jira tickets
- Coordinate releases with Engineering, Technical Writers and Marketing
- Write release notes
- Deeply understand customers and discover future opportunities by talking to them
- Deeply understand how users are using the product from an aggregated perspective by monitoring key metrics
Most of those describe you:
- You excel at writing and you like it. You write clearly and concisely. You care about every single word, about formatting, about presentation
- You are not necessarily a good coder, but you are very technical and understand how software is built (front-end, back-end, APIs, etc)
- You like making spreadsheets
- You have a good sense of what makes a great product, and an eye for design
- You work for users and customers primarily. You want to talk to customers.
- As an expert of nothing, you understand that your role is to ask questions and then structure and synthesize the answers you get
- A self starter capable of working autonomously, as well as within a diverse team setting
- You are good at verbal communication
- 4+ years of experience in a product management, technical product design or software engineering or QA role at a software company, preferably a SaaS
- Language: completely fluent English, French is a plus
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management: you are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us why you want this job specifically
- Provide a spec that you have written
- Tell us which statements don’t fit you in the list of qualities above, and how you make up for it
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted to you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a “speccing test”. You’ll then move on to an interview with a current Lead developer and Product designer, and one final interview with the CTO and Head of Product.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. YAMM is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.