Our mission is to empower businesses to make data-driven decisions faster and more effortlessly than ever before. Therefore, we are building an advanced analytics platform using machine learning to reason why key performance indicators change.
Join our venture as a software engineering allrounder both developing the frontend and backend of our platform and impact how people and businesses work. Get the chance to shape a young technology startup from its earliest days on through your efforts, experience, and industry expertise.
Our company is built at Merantix, a Venture Studio focussing on artificial intelligence. This means that we are part of an ecosystem of top-tier engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs from leading universities who will help us along the way.
As the Frontend & Backend Software Engineer, you are one of our first employees and shape the company and its vision from the ground up. Among others, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Develop state-of-the-art frontend and backend applications which will be used within organizations of all sizes;
- Architect and implement multi-tenancy;
- Building highly-reliable software with the highest quality and security standards;
- Collaborate closely with our Chief Technology Officer and Chief Science Officer to bridge the gap between the analytical core of our product and its user interface;
- Work with the Design and Product Team to implement an exceptional design and user experience;
- As we value ownership and collaboration, you support and mentor your colleagues and review the team’s technical design, code, and documentation.
We define ourselves by a culture of collaboration and ownership. We’re looking for a driven, capable, and thoughtful person to add to our vision. The main qualifications we expect you to have are the following:
- Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, machine learning or relevant experience;
- It is essential that you are an experienced Software Engineer and built large scale applications in the past;
- Expert knowledge in technologies and frameworks such as Reactjs, D3js, NodeJS, GraphQL, or Cypress to name a few;
- Extensive know-how with Systems Design and Software Architecture.
- Pragmatic mindset, make quick decisions, and clearly prioritize on what moves the needle;
- Love what you do (and own it).
Our hierarchy is flat and communication direct, which means that we operate and learn fast, as a team. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, you can expect the following:
- Flexible working hours as we believe in ownership and trust;
- Learning & Development Program for all our team members;
- Regular team events and intensive exchange with all Merantix companies;
- Free drinks, snacks, and breakfast.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.