The job in short
As the QA Engineer, you ensure the Digital Banking solution we are delivering is operating at optimum performance. Your focus stretches on the full-stack of the application: the WebUI, the Web Services and the non-functional performance. As an individual QA contributor within one of our full-stack development teams, you implement the test strategy and our toolset and perform a key role in the continuous delivery of our world-leading digital banking solution.
Meet the job
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Developing, enhancing and executing manual and automated functional tests using Protractor and REST Assured
- Executing non-functional (e.g. performance, scalability and security) tests
- Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable
- Participating in the team by refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily standups and retrospectives
- Meeting with the QA Gild team to share and experiment with new QA standards and techniques
How about you?
In order to be successful in this job we expect you to have:
- Hands-on full-stack QA Engineering experience using automated and manual test tools
- Experience using Protractor (or Selenium) for Web UI testing and REST Assured for Web Service (API) testing
- Understanding of the SDLC process and its application with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins and GoCD);
- An understanding of exploratory testing and when to apply it
- A proactive approach allowing you to be self-providing, and quick learner able to mitigate impediments
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.