Storable is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team. You’ll work with your “squad” of Product Manager, Product Owner, and engineers to understand customer needs, execute solutions and measure effectiveness. You’ll conceptualize, design, and fully deliver a clear, effective, and user-centered shopping experience that drives online shoppers to our customers. Plus—find a home in our pet-loving, life-event celebrating, always learning, winning team!
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be located in: TX, KS, NC, MO, CO, PA, IL, IN
Portfolio Required to be considered.
What you will do everyday:
- Design—and work with product and engineering to deliver—high-quality digital experiences that provide value to our customers and their customers
- Continually work to deeply know (and help others know) the people that use our product
- Generate design tools—like sketches, storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes—to organize complex asks, facilitate brainstorming discussions that quickly and cheaply explore ideas
- Partner with your product peers to get quantitative and qualitative data from customers and experiments to inform and validate our product ideas
- Partner with your product peers to continually improve the layout, style, and design system of your product
- Actively participate in various scrum planning sessions, retrospectives, and evaluations of where we are headed, winning, and struggling
- Work closely with your Product Design peers to exchange ideas, provide feedback, and stay on top of design trends
What you will need to bring to the table:
- 5+ years of digital product design experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design chops and past user-centered solutions (required for consideration)
- Autonomous mastery of craft: ability to design practical solutions, map user flows, think meticulously through the interactions, and oversee the implementation by partnering closely with engineering
- Desire to collaborate with a cross-functional team to facilitate, lead, challenge, and build consensus among team members and stakeholders
- Passion for knowing and seeking the best interest of the person who uses your product
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attentive listener who is perceptive, observant, and prone to read between the lines
- Comfortable taking and giving criticism in order to achieve growth
- Comfortable with Sketch, InVision, FullStory, GoogleAnalytics
- Previous experience A/B testing on an online marketplace
- Previous experience building or managing a pattern library
- Previous experience or exposure to UX research
- Desire to mentor other Product Designers
- Enjoys pranking and infusing fun into the day
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! Since mid-March we transitioned to a fully remote environment and we run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist experiences!
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.