General Position Definition
- This role will drive analytics and insights for the Global CRM & Loyalty teams
- The ideal candidate is passionate about customer analytics - specifically CRM and Loyalty
- The candidate will have strong quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, machine learning) and has applied those skills in solving real world problems in marketing
- Incumbent is responsible for working on a range of technologies and tools collaborating directly with the marketing stakeholders & other partners
- Leverage analytics, data and deep customer insights to identify and execute innovative programs that continually push CRM initiatives to the next level
- Build and maintain a test and learn roadmap (A/B Testing) and work to continually iterate and optimize CRM efforts in order to increase the effectiveness of all channels
- Measure impact of customer engagement initiatives across all channels (email, SMS, push notifications, direct mail, etc.) and optimize campaign spends
- Support development of the contact strategy with ad-hoc analysis and projects.
- Lead the design and development of CRM reporting dashboards; establish templates and processes for regularly sharing out CRM progress and results with key stakeholders
- Develop and evolve advanced segmentation strategies for targeted campaigns driving incremental revenues
Industry / Functional Expertise
- Provide deep business expertise in:
º CRM, Loyalty Analytics: Strong Campaign Analytics experience in both online & offline. Must have worked with Campaign, Loyalty and CRM data. Understands campaign effectiveness study and experienced in planning/targeting for CRM activities based on learning from previous activities
º Marketing / Customer Analytics: Campaign design and effectiveness testing, churn prediction, cross-sell / up-sell, Market Basket Analysis, Customer segmentation, propensity analysis, customer lifetime value
º Preferably worked in the past in Retail companies
º Paid Media Experience is also preferable and will be an added advantage
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
Stakeholder Engagement Skills
- Working collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders – business SMEs, IT, Data teams, Analytics resources, etc. to deliver on project deliverables and tasks
- Identify actionable insights that directly address marketing challenges / opportunities
- Articulate business insights and recommendations (based on model output) to respective stakeholders
- Understanding business KPI's, frameworks and drivers for performance
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
- Strong experience in specialized analytics tools and technologies (including, but not limited to)
º Azure Databricks, Alteryx
º Power BI, Spotfire or other visualization tools
º Python, R
º Adobe Analytics (good to have)
Statistics / Mathematics: Data Quality Analysis, Data identification, Hypothesis testing, Univariate / Multivariate Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Classification/PCA, Factor Analysis, Linear Modeling, Affinity & Association, Time Series
- Identify the right approach(es) for given scenario and articulate why the approach fits
- Assess data availability and modeling feasibility
- Proficiency Level: Skill-to-Mastery
º Knowledge of Direct marketing and CRM principles (segmentation, lifecycle management, etc.).
º Familiarity with the marketing funnel and customer journey frameworks to guide strategy.
- Easily analyzes, draws and synthesizes important insights from complex data.
- Extremely curious and self-driven to understand business performance through data.
- Ability to translate a business or marketing question into a well-defined analytical plan that includes data requirements for technical resources to extract the necessary data.
- Rapid onboarding on projects, understanding analytics goal and working with ill-defined datasets
- Communicating technical jargon in plain English to colleagues within Data Science team and outside
- Virtual working with network of colleagues located throughout the globe
- Support design and delivery of analytics projects, within Retail business unit in Shell
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in Marketing / Customer Analytics
- Preferred experience in Retail or E-commerce managing CRM and Loyalty Data
- Good interpersonal communication skills and influencing skills
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work with limited supervision
- Advanced university degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, OR, etc.
Click here for the application form!