At Buildkite we build tools to help the best software teams stay happy and productive. We’ve rethought how CI/CD should work and have built a platform that is fast, reliable, secure, and is able to scale to the needs of the most demanding high-growth tech companies including Shopify, Pinterest, Wayfair, Cruise, PagerDuty, CultureAmp, and Canva.
Buildkite is a differently shaped company that values work-life balance and supports staff to work the ways that make sense for them. From the beginning, our goal has been to build a company that was profitable, grew sustainably, and had a strong, people-centered culture. We’re currently a distributed team of thirty humans working remotely from Seattle, Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Kyoto, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin, and Melbourne.
We're looking for a Support Engineer to help expand Buildkite's high level of customer support. You'll get to work with some of the best engineering teams in the world, helping them set up new CI/CD pipelines, explain and architect technical solutions. As a Support Engineer at Buildkite you are the first point of contact for all our users, in all stages of the customer lifecycle. As you grow in this role you'll be regarded as a CI/CD expert in general and specifically a Buildkite expert.
What your typical day may look like:
- Assist customers via email, in Slack, the Buildkite Forum or jump on a zoom call
- Troubleshoot and isolate a customer issue, and work on a fix either yourself or with the help of Engineering
- Find creative answers by diving deeply into customer questions.
- Work proactively to help our customers by creating/maintaining plugins and developing customer facing tooling solutions
- Help the docs team improve product documentation
- Share knowledge by writing knowledge base articles and by interacting with the Product and Marketing teams
- Build support best practices
This job is for you if you have:
- Strong bash skills and hands on experience with CI/CD and Docker
- An interest and broad understanding of developer tooling
- Experience with technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc..
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills, and prefer to speak plainly and personally
- A love of working with people, are empathetic and enjoy solving problems
- Experience in customer facing roles
Timezone: We have customers all over the world, many of whom are based in the USA, and you'll be working with engineers across ACST, AEDT and PST.
Hours: Full time
Role Type: Permanent
We don't require a resume with your application. Instead, we've put together 3 questions designed to give you insight into the skills you'll use in the role and to help you work out if it's the right role for you. We're hopeful these 3 questions will take you approximately the same amount of time as a traditional resume and cover letter application process. To find the questions, go here and click the 'Start Your Application' button https://app.beapplied.com/apply/jcaprw5diu
If you have any questions or if you'd like to find out more about working at Buildkite, please email [email protected]