At Forestry.io, we believe the web is one of humanity’s greatest achievements and our mission is to help people build a better web. We’re building a Git-backed content management system (CMS) and an open source site-editing toolkit (TinaCMS
), both focused on the JAMstack. We’re a growing company
with big dreams and ample opportunities for you to have an impact and grow with us.
We’re looking for a passionate developer advocate who is interested in helping revolutionize the way developers build sites. This person would be responsible for spreading the word about Tina to developers and showing its potential through demos, tutorials, and talks while engaging and growing an active open-source community. This person will be the first developer advocate at the company and will be heading up the developer relations function. The type of person who would be successful in this role is passionate about web technologies, open-source, and is motivated to build a large and active developer community.
What You'll Do:
- Thought Leadership and Education: Owning the creation and repackaging of all content, harnessing your social media strategy to spread the word across all channels, including:
- Coding: creating demos to show the various use-cases, flexibility, and power of Tina.
- Writing: blogs, tutorials, newsletters, guides.
- Speaking: conferences, podcasts, meetups etc.
- Partnering: Work with other communities to cross promote relevant content (i.e. Collaborate with Vercel to promote a Tina + Next.js code demo)
- Community Management: Building developer love and engagement around Tina through growing awareness, solidifying our reputation in the market, and developing connections across the discussion forum, GitHub, and Twitter and advocate for our development community internally.
Who You Are:
- You have experience building websites with React, static site generators, and other JAMstack tooling.
- You love web development
- You love developers, teaching, and growing a community
- You are a self-starter, a builder and take pride in driving significant impact across the company and communities that you engage
- You are comfortable working in an ambiguous, evolving, fast-paced startup environment; you roll up your sleeves and jump in where needed and are the definition of a "team-player"
- You are passionate about tech, learning, and education, seamlessly teaching people to solve different problems using software
- You are growth-minded, strategic in your approach and are energized by building developer love across platforms, communities and social channels; you believe in your product and want to get it into as many developer's hands as possible
- You have a minimum 3 years of experience working in web development
- You have 1 - 3 years of experience working in developer relations or a related role
- You are interested in mentoring and coaching other developer advocates as the developer relations team grows
**This position is for a full-time employee working within time zones (UTC -8 to UTC +1).
We’re a growing team, headquartered in PEI, Canada with roughly half our staff working remotely (we’re 100% remote during the COVID-19 situation). We take our time hiring, and we hire for the person, not simply for the role. We value respect and empathy and we strive to reflect those values in our hiring process. Read more about our culture, values, hiring process and perks.
We believe that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the best products! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Unfortunately, we do not offer Visa sponsorship or help with relocation at this time.