At Forestry.io, we believe the web is one of humanity’s greatest achievements and our mission is to help people build a better web. We’re building a Git-backed content management system (CMS) and an open source site-editing toolkit (TinaCMS
), both focused on the JAMstack. We’re a growing company
with big dreams and ample opportunities for you to have an impact and grow with us.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer--with a React focus--you'll help us build TinaCMS. A game-changer for content management on the web, you'll be at the heart of its development, evolving the technical architecture as well as building and supporting a healthy open-source community.
Because you are a product-minded developer, you easily connect the dots between our tech, the business and of course, our users. You are empathetic, thoughtful and a true team player, collaborating easily with your colleagues across the org. You love the fast pace of startups, the ownership that comes with being a part of a small team and are passionate about open source software and communities. If you're an optimistic self-starter who loves finding elegant solutions to hard problems, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the vision and roadmap of the open-source project
- Architect and build the APIs that power the developers using Tina
- Interface with and support our open-source community
- Contribute to the writing of docs, RFCs, migration guides, blog posts in order to support our community
Who You Are:
- You’re a seasoned React developer with knowledge of advanced React patterns
- You’ve worked on building APIs or libraries for other developers and understand the importance of a great DX
- You have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- You enjoy digging deep and solving tough problems with code, as you’ll be building abstractions, refactoring and troubleshooting regularly
- You're a highly effective collaborator, able to build great solutions with your peers at Forestry and with our open-source community
- You have startup experience and enjoy the autonomy, entrepreneurialism and bias for execution
- You have experience maintaining an open-source project
- You have experience working with TypeScript or NextJS
- You have a strong design sense & awareness
- You have familiarity with content management systems and/or the JAMstack in general
**This position is for a full-time employee working within time zones (UTC -8 to UTC +1).
We’re a growing team, headquartered in PEI, Canada with roughly half our staff working remotely (we’re 100% remote during the COVID-19 situation). We take our time hiring, and we hire for the person, not simply for the role. We value respect and empathy and we strive to reflect those values in our hiring process. Read more about our culture, values, hiring process and perks.
We believe that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the best products! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Unfortunately, we do not offer Visa sponsorship or help with relocation at this time.