ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup making a big impact in the eCommerce Shipping space. Founded in 2009, we are a premier shipping experience manager for eCommerce sites, selling to clients large and small around the world. We have a fantastic reputation and are recognized for our high-quality service. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly. Our product was developed to help online merchants optimize their shipping and compete with Amazon.
Our product team is looking for an experienced UI/UX designer who shares work a wide range of skills from UX research to UI design. We want a user advocate that will work with us on several exciting new projects that will re-imagine some of our current offerings in a way that puts users first. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers and engineers and help make complex processes simple to use and improve our in-app experiences.
If you are based in Austin, TX you will be working in our HQ office with a fantastic team of creative, driven people, but we are also considering remote candidates for this position. You must be able to work in the US preferably in the CST and EST time zones.
The Designer we are looking for will:
- Help design launch a new re-imagined product from scratch focused on a simplified user experience
- Contribute to new features and help maintain current products
- Assist in building out a unified UI library across our products
- Dig into all resources available to gain a deep knowledge of the product and of the merchants we serve
- Flex your user research skills to help us to get a better understanding of our customers’ experience and how they are interacting with our product
- Develop processes for tracking and measuring the success of your projects
- Help mentor jr. designers so we can skill them up and help them develop a user experience focus
- Be transparent about your work’s progress, raise issues early and problem solve along the way. This is crucial for working with remote team members
- Be diligent with time tracking and managing your weekly sprints with efficiency
- 5+ years UI product design experience
- 3+ years of UX research experience
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC
- Skilled in creating user flows and customer journey mapping
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Working knowledge of git, HTML/CSS markup and some familiarity with react
When applying, please provide:
- Creative portfolio showcasing your latest product design work and any UX research/planning you’ve done. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Your resume and a personal note about yourself highlighting why you feel like this role is a good fit
- A link to your LinkedIn profile