Fraugster is a leading payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space.
We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Worldline, Ingenico and others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
Fraugster is looking for an experienced in-house legal counsel to support our team in overseeing compliance and optimized performance on a range of topics, including client-facing contracts, GDPR, labor law in both the international and domestic spheres, fundraising activities, as well as product regulation topics. This is an exciting new role for the company and will be an opportunity to scale up our legal operations while working closely with the management team to ensure compliance on all fronts.
What you will do:
Skills & Requirements:
- Your main task will be to oversee compliance across all topics that have legal implications, which will range from labor law to international negotiations, data protection, and direct customer and partnership contracts for our payment security solutions
- You will oversee, streamline and negotiate various agreements, including client agreements, NDAs, engagement letters, vendor service agreements, terms and conditions, labor contracts and other legal documents
- Together with our founders, our investors and our senior leadership, you will work on fundraising and deal structuring, participating in legal negotiations with counterparties, supporting due diligence, signing and closing processes, and post-closing matters
- You will ensure compliance with domestic and international laws and regulations with the support of external counsels
- You will be responsible for coordinating internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure smooth processes
What we offer:
- Qualification as a German lawyer (“Volljurist”; 2nd Staatsexamina) with an excellent academic degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience, ideally in a start-up/venture capital environment
- Experience with GDPR, product regulations as well as German labour law desired
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Solid understanding of business issues in an international environment
- Experience in working in an international and diverse team
- Fluent in German and English
Upon clicking "Send", you will submit your contact details and CV. For more information on how Fraugster processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
- A diverse team representing more than 25 nationalities
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Flexible home office policy and working hours
- Educational budget for online courses or purchasing other materials
- Free gym in the office building
- Daily fruit baskets, drinks, and snacks
- A modern office with breathtaking views, located in the heart of Berlin
- Free food on Fridays