The Sill is looking for a Customer Experience Team Lead to oversee customer service inquiries received outside of business hours, and on weekends, to ensure customers are responded to quickly, efficiently, and by the most qualified possible person, so that The Sill’s customer experience exceeds expectations at every touch point. Our CX team is growing, and we are looking for an individual that is eager to join a fast growing start-up. The successful candidate will be a strong and approachable communicator, leading with empathy and grit throughout all interactions, always staying true to The Sill’s promise in valuing a strong customer experience.
We are open to permanently remote candidates based in the US.
The Customer Service Team Lead will work Friday-Tuesday, 3:30pm-12:00am Eastern Standard Time.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Customer Experience & Insights.
As one of two Customer Service Team Leads, you will be responsible for leading a team of CX coordinators during your shift to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Your primary goals are handling inbound customer concerns and motivating and managing needs of a team of remote Customer Experience Coordinators, providing coaching and mentorship to exceed our service level goals. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with the Senior Manager of Customer Experience & Insights to escalate and resolve issues.
Areas of Responsibility
• Triage, assign owners, and contribute to daily inbound customer communications, ensuring customers receive a response in a timely manner & with best information.
• Ensure all inbound communications are responded to within 24 hours, communicating updates and outstanding needs to the following shift CX Team Lead.
• Field and respond to inbound customer communications, serving as a key member of the CX team.
• Serve as the operational point of contact for CX Coordinators on shift for support.
• Communicate with distribution center teams daily to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Flag issues to CX Manager to ensure speedy resolution.
• Ensure all outbound communication meets the team’s standards of efficiency and the company’s quality standards, bringing a sense of urgency, reassurance, and personal touch to customers.
• Cover for CX coordinators and their workload when out of office.
•Ability to stand in for the CX Manager as required.
• Experience with customer service software is required; Help Scout experience is beneficial, but not required.
• 3-4 years working in a customer service position; previous experience in a D2C ecommerce setting is beneficial, but not required.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks swiftly as needs and priorities change.
• Availability to work during high volume times (holidays, sales, etc) as needed to support needs of CX team.
• Lover of The Sill!
Comp and Benefits
• Company contribution to medical and dental
• Company paid short term disability
• Company paid life insurance
• Company paid parental leave
• Paid time off
• Access to vision, 401k, long term disability and discounted gym memberships
• Access to commuter benefits, health savings account and other tax advantages
• Company cell phone or stipend provided
About The Sill
The Sill is the first digitally native, direct-to-consumer plant brand. Our mission is to bridge the gap between people and plants, because Plants Make People Happy. Founded in 2012, The Sill is Series A funded and headquartered in New York City. We ship potted plants nationwide from TheSill.com and have planted The Sill brick-and-mortar stores in New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Learn more at thesill.com.
Our Core Values
CUSTOMER HAPPINESS why we exist:
● We place the quality of the customer experience at the core of all we do.
● We act in the service of our promise: Plants Make People Happy.
ALWAYS A STARTUP even when we get big:
● We are excited to tackle big problems and change the world. We lead before we follow.
● We pride ourselves on achieving a lot with a little.
● We are optimistic, and have a can-do attitude.
● We are committed to the brand vision.
GROWTH just like our plants:
● We are individually focused on learning and leveling up.
● We seek out feedback and expect radical candor.
● We take risks and we’re not afraid to invent, innovate, or flat out fail - so long as we learn from the experience.
● We are open minded and welcome diversity—of people and ideas.
● And when the time is right, we give away our legos.
TEAM BEFORE ME:
● We are all responsible for The Sill’s success.
● We hold ourselves accountable. What we take on, we own until it is completed.
● We bring up issues quickly and professionally, and have tough conversations respectfully.
● We only get there together.
THE GOLD STANDARD:
● We are rigorous in our work.
● We don’t accept inaccuracy or indecisiveness.
● We back up our actions with data, facts, and expertise.
● We communicate clearly and follow processes.
● We take time to understand the implications of our actions by thinking things through to the end.