The 10,000-foot view:
* What’s RescueTime? RescueTime is like Fitbit for your digital life–we measure how people spend their time across all their devices and then give them tools and insights to help them spend it more productively. Our hundreds of thousands of customers are almost entirely individuals who are looking to be more effective.
* Hours and schedule: 15 hours/week to start (we’re open to expanding the role to full-time for the right candidate). You’ll have lots of flexibility in which hours you work.
* Compensation: $30/hr
* Location: Work from anywhere (RescueTime has been all-remote since before Covid)
Here’s what your average day will look like:
Each day, you’ll assist people through our support channels (mostly a ticket system, but some live chat), lend a hand on Twitter and Facebook, and be on the lookout for opportunities to improve the customer experience.
Having successful customers isn’t just important to our business, but is a core part of the value RescueTime brings into the world. As a tech support rep, you’ll help smart people do more work that’s personally meaningful and important to them. It’s fulfilling but also demanding.
- Respond to support requests from our customers via our help desk platform, phone, live chat, and occasionally social media.
- Pay attention to customer feedback and work directly with the rest of our CS team to improve our processes and product. Our customers have a lot to say and we need to absorb it.
- Track customer support effectiveness by developing systems to help us understand how we’re responding to customers and track areas where we can improve.
- Work closely with the engineering team to solve bugs and system issues affecting users.
- Create and maintain our user knowledge base.
Who’s a good fit for this position?
You’ll be an ideal new coworker at RescueTime if you get satisfaction from:
- Getting to the root of a customer’s problems and finding solutions that make them smile
- Learning and mastering new software
- Speaking up and being a part of a collaborative team
- Being focused and efficient–support requests can occasionally pile up and we’re looking for someone who is organized and cool under occasional pressure
- Finding more efficient ways to help our customers whether that’s through live chat or developing a library of templates for the most common customer issues
This is a front-line position with lots of direct interaction with our customers. You should be able to manage lots of conversations and be patient enough to deal with the occasional customer who is just having a really bad day.
You’ll need these qualifications
- 2 or more years of experience in a customer support/success capacity (ideally with lots of written and online interaction).
- You’re a pro at diagnosing peculiar software issues and helping less (and sometimes more!) technical folks navigate their way to success.
- A proven track record of efficient written communication
- An even and cheerful temperament.
- A fast and reliable internet connection, a quiet place to have occasional video calls, and a solid desktop/laptop computer (Mac or Windows).
It would be great if...
- You’re excited about personal development–stuff like Fitbit, RescueTime, etc.
- You are genuinely interested in fiddling with technology–software, hardware, mobile, desktop, you name it!
- You’re a RescueTime user (or you are at least familiar with it)
- You’re familiar with any of the other tools we use, like Slack, Google Docs, Help Scout, and Coda.
- You have a keen interest in software usability.
- You know how things work on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc) and have an interest in marketing and community management there.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team
We think solving the hard problems around meaningful work takes all sorts of perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.