Cobot is looking for a Frontend Developer to join our Berlin-based Product Development team. We’re a small, ambitious team of experienced developers working together on one of the first (and best) software options designed to run coworking spaces—trusted and loved by spaces around the world.
You’ll get to work with a complex, mature code base that uses both cutting-edge frontend frameworks like Ember JS and Storybook Components as well as Ruby on Rails, Elixir, etc.
Our developers understand that learning and sharing knowledge is a part of the job—one of the best parts. We are looking for a candidate who is curious to learn from us, eager to bring new knowledge into our team, and, most importantly, excited to code, code, code.
You will be part of a team that genuinely cares about each other. We strive for excellence in our work; an attitude that includes constantly improving our team culture to reflect our values such as inclusiveness and a healthy work-life balance. Read more on our website to understand how we put our words into action.
What you will be doing
- Spec, write, test, and deploy code
- Build the frontend for new features
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Learn about, use, and teach your team new web technologies
- Work across teams with designers, support, and communications specialists to achieve company-wide goals
- Take pride in your work, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time
In safer times for travel, a part of your job will include attending team off-sites, coworking industry events, and programming conferences.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- 3+ years paid experience in a frontend developer role
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Experience building user interfaces with HTML and CSS
- Experience debugging frontend applications
- Routine in a Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews
- An eye for design and the drive to build an excellent user experience
- The habit of putting team and customer needs over programming trends and paradigms
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English (our team language)
- Ember JS (the majority of your work will happen in Ember)
- Ruby on Rails
- Working on consumer-facing products
- Accessibility, internationalization/localization
- Testing (e.g. unit/acceptance testing), Mirage
- APIs, JSON-API
- Deployments, AWS, GitHub actions
- D3 or other visualization libraries
We recognize there is no “complete” candidate and that you may feel the need for further development in some areas. We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
We welcome candidates enthusiastic about learning and growing. However you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply!
This is an on-site job in Berlin.
- Flexible work hours (40h/week) and a culture that respects your set hours
- Fair compensation
- A fund for education, i.e. conferences, books, courses, etc.
- Team lunches and activities
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- Opportunities to contribute to open source projects
- Representation through a Works Council (Betriebsrat)
- Bi-annual company retreat outside of Berlin (or online workshops during the pandemic)
- Work alongside (and learn from) a team of experienced and community-prolific developers and UI designers
- We are proud to operate under a Code of Conduct designed by the team
- We encourage occasionally working from coworking spaces and accommodate temporary remote work
During the Covid-19 pandemic you’ll have the option to work from home. We strictly follow government/science-based guidelines to both allow people remote work and to offer a safe office space for those that prefer or need an office space.