About Pensa Systems
Pensa is an Austin-headquartered tech company and a leading innovator in autonomous perception systems for retail inventory visibility. Our system uses breakthrough technology including artificial intelligence, autonomous drones and computer vision to understand what is on store shelves. We are building really cool things that are disrupting the multi-trillion-dollar global retail industry. Our in-store inventory data-as-a-service is used by both very large consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and their retailer partners.
Today we practice social distancing and mostly work remotely, but when we are in the office we have snacks in the kitchen, beer in the fridge and flexible work hours. We appreciate diversity of all stripes and are an equal opportunity employer. If you would like to know more about us, please visit www.pensasystems.com and stay connected via Twitter and LinkedIn.
Pensa builds highly scalable cloud-based services in support of our machine learning and data subscription business. We value collaboration, continuous testing, and iterative development models. Our software runs is runs in several IaaS cloud services for production scalability. We use Python as our primary development language, and appreciate a good microservice-based REST architecture.
Our Cloud Application Developers are responsible for:
- Designing and building efficient, scalable, and resilient RESTFul and batch based services that run in an IaaS provider such as AWS or Azure. Our developers are responsible for understanding the full scope of a feature, how it will be realized in our UI, used by our customers, and how our system will perform and scale.
- Committing tested, documented, and reviewed code on a frequent basis, ideally daily. Code reviews and automated testing are core to our quality approach. Task decomposition and continuous iterative delivery are a way of life at Pensa.
- Collaborating with Product Management, UX, and other engineers to clarify requirements and design, and accurately estimating scope. A clear understanding of our customers needs, and how to make large amounts of data easy to consume is instrumental in this process.
- Deep architectural understanding of good SaaS deployment patterns, and the technical options available from the various IaaS providers such as AWS or Azure.
5)Actively supporting our continuous journey of applying good architecture and design patterns so that we can do our best work every day. Strong opinions are encouraged.
- 5 or more years building production software, ideally in a commercial environment with experience supporting a shipping product
- 3 or more years of experience building and delivering SaaS based products, ideally in AWS or Azure
- 2 or more years of recent experience with Python
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Direct experience building RESTful services
- Direct experience writing efficient SQL and familiarity with ORM packages
- Experience with Python unit and integration test frameworks
- Experience with Python web frameworks, ideally Flask
- Experience with a current ML framework such as Tensorflow or PyTorch is a strong positive
- Experience with current CV and/or Data Science libraries such as OpenCV, PIL, Numpy, SciPy is a strong positive
- Position is ideally based in Austin, Texas but not required