Location: San Jose, CA (Remote ok during COVID-19 pandemic)
Position: Part-Time Contractor (~50% commitment)
Who we are
AppGrooves (https://appgrooves.com) is an app discovery website that makes it easy for users to discover & achieve their life goals with the best apps. Now, we are launching a new money-saving service for mobile app users.
We are a Silicon Valley-based & well-funded 500Startups portfolio startup with millions of MAUs (monthly-active-users). After 2 years of launch, we have achieved:
a) Millions of MAUs, growing rapidly at a rate of 10% MoM
b) Extremely high click-through (to app stores) & conversions (app installs)
What You’ll Be Doing (High-level):
Our top of funnel is stellar: millions of monthly unique users who look for the best apps. We’ve asked users what they want, in addition to our existing list of “best apps for X” on our platform. They wanted deals to save money. So we are building a new feature for app developers to list their deals (coupons, discounts, etc) on our platform.
You will be responsible for understanding our users better by running user tests in various forms and communicating with users, analyzing the test results quickly, converting user insights to product ideas (by building a low-fi prototype) and reporting to our managers including the CEO.
The ideal candidate is someone who is kind but not shy. Someone who will listen to users and observe users’ behaviors and, most importantly come up with concrete solutions for our product. You will report directly to the Product Manager (CEO) in the beginning (subject to re-evaluate this later).
What You’ll Be Doing (operational-level):
1) Plan & execute user tests (such as focus groups, video testing, surveys) by collaborating with our Product Designer, Marketing Manager and Content Producer. Currently, we plan to do 2 tests per week.
2) Analyze the test results by summarizing a) what users said/did, b) your interpretations and c) your suggestions.
3) When appreciable, build low-fi playable prototypes to demonstrate your suggestions/ideas.
4) Share your analysis & suggestions to the managers (including CEO).
1) 3+ years of experience as UX designer or UX researcher
2) Previous experience establishing successful impacts on real products you have worked for.
3) Communication skills to talk with users and ability to read between the lines.
4) Wireframing and UI Prototyping
5) Qualitative and quantitative analytical skill to convert your observations into actionable suggestions.
6) Flexibility, resourcefulness, and professionalism; the ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced, remote startup environment (“fail fast” and keep trying until you figure it out).
7) Team player who will collaborate with many teams to achieve company goals.
1) This part-time position is currently remote with the opportunity to work in office at our San Jose location, pending the development of the COVID pandemic.
2) Requires 20+ hours of availability per week. Must be available to work during at least 2 hours per day during PST working hours (9am-6pm) for team meetings, focus groups, and 1-on-1s as needed.
3) AppGrooves is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AppGrooves’ employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
4) Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States as an independent contractor.
1) Apply by filling out the form.
2) 30 minutes interview by our Marketing Manager
3) 30 minutes interview by our Product Designer
4) UX Research Trial project (you will get paid for this work)
5) 30 minutes interview by our CEO
UX Researcher, Ferpection
UX Researcher, Hotjar
UX Researcher, CodelittFull Time Employment
Product Designer, QualiaFull Time Employment
Senior Product Manager, Clipboard Health