We're looking for a motivated and hands-on developer who wants to be an active part in developing the #1 tool for success on Amazon. This opening is for a position on our data science team, with a focus on being the bridge to our Data Scientists. With the support of DevOps and Data Engineering, you'll work alongside the team's data scientists and product manager to develop cutting-edge features for the thousands of customers managing their Amazon ad spend with Sellics.
If you're interested in working with large data, machine learning and developing services and applications from scratch in a fast-paced B2B SaaS environment, this challenge is for you!
This role can be based in our office in Berlin or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver cutting-edge features
- Contribute to the technical strategy and product roadmap
- Design, implement and maintain the services and applications for our machine learning platform
- Collaborate closely with our data scientists, as well as data engineers
Good to have:
- 4+ years of professional, hands-on experience with Python (including frameworks like flask, Django etc.) development
- 4+ years of professional experience with relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience in leading software development projects
- Advanced knowledge of big data technologies (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Advanced knowledge of big data technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Tensorflow/Pythorch and other deep learning frameworks as well as Spark APIs like PySpark)
- Solid experience with both scripted and object-oriented programming principles, as well as deep experience with scientific computing stacks.
- Significant experience using AWS Cloud services and architectures, including: EC2, VPCs, AutoScaling, Load Balancing, EKS, ECS, RDS
- Experience measuring data ingestion quality
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in using Git
Nice to have:
- Comfortability of using tools in AWS to monitor and support cloud based solutions, such as Datadog
- Strong DevOps mindset: You believe a developer should be involved in deploying, running and monitoring an application
Why should you join Sellics? We offer:
- Experience developing ETL/ELT process flows for large-scale datasets
- Shell scripting, ssh, ability to use linux based command line tools.
- A talented, growing company and tech/product team
- A very well-located office in the heart of Berlin Mitte incl. a rooftop terrace with pool
- Competitive compensation package and defined career paths
- High level of responsibility and space to develop
- Flexible working hours and remote option
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Free food and drinks, educational "Sellics Talks," regular team events
- Self Improvement Grant funding for external educational pursuits, and additional time off for professional growth
- Professional coffee-machine, and the best coffee beans Berlin has to offer ;)
- Visa sponsorship and assistance for non-EU citizens
- Participation in our all-expenses paid annual company trip
- A friendly, open, multi-cultural work environment with colleagues from over 35 countries
Sellics is revolutionizing commerce, starting with the world’s biggest online marketplace: Amazon. From starting as a group of friends with targeted business insights and under €2,000 in self-invested startup capital, we’ve transformed into the force we are today: a growing and funded Scale-Up company providing data-driven and Ai-powered B2B SaaS solutions to help Sellers, Vendors, and Agencies across the world be successful on Amazon.
The secret to our success is our team, a group of more than 110 highly-engaged, intelligent, dynamic employees from over 30 countries, spread out across our offices in Berlin and New York City. We’re a pack of people who care about each other, the values we live by, and the success story we’re all helping to write. But don’t just take our word for it… here’s what our teammates themselves (and other candidates!) have written about us on Glassdoor. And, check out this video for even more of a sneak peek of life at Sellics!
Ready to take our company and your career to the next level? We’re looking forward to your application!
We’re proud of our unique culture and the range of experience and perspectives that make it up. As an equal opportunity employer with a friendly, inclusive, and diverse workplace, we eagerly welcome applications from people with all backgrounds and identities.