Mission Barns is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people are pioneering the future of food, we are developing a scalable way to make real meat, without the animal.
We are a venture-backed startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, media development, food science, bioreactor design, and more. We’re united by our collective drive to solve difficult problems, ask tough questions, and apply cutting-edge science and engineering.
We are looking for our first designer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead Mission Barns’ brand-building, design, and image. You will create visual/web/physical content and work closely with the CEO to develop our public and online presence. We plan to hire someone full-time, but are open to part time/contract.
- Lead Mission Barns’ brand-building, design, and image
- Create beautiful content in visual, web-page, and physical format
- Work closely with the CEO to create pitch decks and other fundraising material
- Be the driving force behind Mission Barns’ public and online presence
- Build a press strategy, communicate and manage relationships with journalists
- Build a strategy around how to best communicate Mission Barns’ technology, products, and mission
- Build brand awareness and market positioning
- Manage Mission Barns social media accounts
- Ensure consistent visual style and messaging across all materials
- 5+ years experience
- Deep knowledge of common design tools
- Experience communicating around novel foods preferred (but not required)
- Experience working with media is a plus
- Ability to manage a high-intensity work environment with rapidly evolving needs
- Eagerness to learn new skills and tackle unfamiliar tasks