Start date: 1st March 2021
An enthusiastic and innovative womenswear Fashion Design Assistant is required for our small but exciting company. The role offers a lot of opportunity to explore many areas of fashion design and we are looking for someone with a fresh perspective and willingness to push towards unique creative solutions. As an emerging brand, we value individuals that are able to dive into a variety of projects and embrace the different challenges every day will bring.
- Research design inspiration and garment construction details and ideas, create design mood and development boards.
- 2D and 3D design (sketching, draping on the stand, collaging etc)
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to deliver designs that fit the seasons design brief while offering your own innovative design thinking and flair.
- Produce detailed technical drawings and specifications to send to manufacturers as well as line sheets and instructions for pattern cutters.
- Research fabrics, trims and liaise with suppliers.
- Work outside the box and be flexible enough to work outside your area of expertise, as is the nature of working for a start-up company. i.e. working in pop up shops to assist with sales in the shop and other creative tasks.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in a womenswear fashion design subject or equivalent experience
- Technical skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD drawings, design specifications)
- Knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting
- Appreciated but not required; experience in textiles and print design
- Must be (age 16-24) and eligible to work in the UK / meet requirements for the UK Kickstart Scheme
- Please note to qualify for the UK Kickstart Scheme the candidate has to be enrolled on to Universal Credit in England, Scotland or Wales.
As a young brand, beginning a career in the fashion industry is not a distant memory and we understand the challenges and learning curve involved. We will seek to nurture and enhance your skills as you face new challenges through the sharing of our knowledge and regular communication to ensure you are thriving and happy in your new role.