My name is Quinn Zeda and I am the founder and CEO of Conversion Crimes.
I want to know if you want to help me:
- Build a tool that enables small businesses to thrive online.
- Fuel a marketplace for people to earn money through flexible work.
- Make the web more user friendly.
As the lead developer at Conversion Crimes, you will play a key role in reshaping the way in which businesses and marketers think about usability testing.
We’re challenging our incumbent competitors that focus on the enterprise and creating a new, better way of doing things for small businesses.
You’ll take the lead in building out our software. This will include working with the existing product in collaboration with our current team, but also planning and executing the steps that will take Conversion Crimes and its scalability to the next level.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP and building fully custom applications
- WordPress (plugin & theme development as well as general API experience)
- HTML/CSS (LESS/SASS)
- Stripe API
- Experience with cross-browser testing and performance optimization
- Advanced or fluent English skills
- Sound knowledge of responsive coding techniques
- Confidence – if you have a better idea I want to hear it
- Team leadership experience
Benefits of This Role
We’re a young, ambitious company that aims to make usability testing accessible to any business. What started as a side project has now grown into a small but mighty startup backed by Earnest Capital
So, let’s discuss why this is a great job.
You will work with amazing people.
We expect exceptional work. You will be joining a small team of A players and you will be expected to perform as an A player yourself. We are good at what we do and we love to get results.
You will have freedom and autonomy.
It’s up to you to figure out how to approach and solve a problem. No one is going to give you exact instructions or make you do it their way. With freedom comes a ton of ownership and responsibility. We believe when you control your destiny, you’re more invested in your work. And we can’t imagine working any other way.
You will make a difference.
You’ll get to see the direct impact of your work and the value created. Not only do we help small businesses improve user experience, delight users, and increase conversions, but our platform also enables thousands of people to earn money online through flexible work.
You will have tons of opportunities for learning and growth.
You’ll solve challenging problems and put your skills to the test everyday. Your opinion matters and you’ll get to provide input on all sorts of technical and non-technical decisions.
You will enjoy flexible workdays.
This job is results-oriented. You will be responsible for working in sprints and achieving goals. When and where you choose to work is completely up to you. Provided that you produce work that is exceptional and delivered on time, you can work whenever you want.
You will work remotely.
We are fully remote and have been since day one. You can live anywhere in the world, so long as you have a good internet connection and are available for weekly calls. Generally, it is easier to schedule and coordinate with people who live in North American or European timezones but exceptional candidates from all areas will be considered.
Sometimes we have retreats.
When it’s possible, we get together in person for 1-2 week sprints to get shit done while having a good time.
If we create something of extraordinary value together, then everyone who worked on that should be rewarded with more than a salary. The long-term benefits of working with us include sharing in the spoils if the company thrives.
What You Will Do
Let’s discuss your responsibilities in detail.
You will be responsible for
- Leading and being responsible for the development of Conversion Crimes software.
- Writing clean and maintainable code.
- Implementing new features in collaboration with the team.
- Optimize existing code to perfection with special attention to performance and maintainability.
- Self-reviewing and testing your work before pushing.
At Conversion Crimes, we encourage a culture of transparency and growth. We look for highly reliable and driven individuals who exhibit a passion for the work they create to join our team
💪 You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and work well in a flat hierarchy with lots of freedom.
✨ You have incredible attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
🚀 You have the ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
📈 Your work is based on a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to design patterns.
🧠 You are an engineer by mindset and always try to understand how things work under the hood.
🖌 You love to have creative freedom, make independent judgments, and live up to the responsibility that comes with that freedom.
📝 You take planning seriously before development begins and can determine how something should be built as well as being able to build it.
How to Apply 🤩
We use VideoAsk, an interactive form, where you can submit responses via text, audio, or video. Please note, we require video for some questions.
You can answer at your own pace and review before submitting.
Here is the list of questions you’ll be asked.
- Written: Make a short statement outlining why you’re applying, a brief overview of your dev career so far, any accomplishments or successes you’ve had related to the responsibilities and outcomes listed in this ad.
- Video: Introduce yourself and tell us a little about you.
- Video: Why do you think you are a good fit for this job? (Your skillsets, what’s attractive to you about this position
- Video: Outside development, what else are you passionate about?
- What specific sort of work do you enjoy doing the most and think you are best at?
- What project are you most proud of creating and why?
- What is your current workload/work situation?
- What is your salary expectation for a full-time role?