Unicon Software is a pioneer and technology leader in software solutions for thin clients. Since our foundation in 1993, we have been able to continuously expand our technical know-how and product portfolio.
With the Linux-based eLux® operating system and the associated management software Scout Enterprise Management Suite®, we offer the most powerful software solution for a central IT architecture. More than 1.5 million end devices in over 65 countries worldwide are currently operated and managed with our software. Our largest customer alone uses eLux® on more than 220,000 end devices and thus operates the world's largest centrally managed, heterogeneous thin client installation.
We have a wide range of customers from various industries that rely on Unicon's technology, such as DATEV, Deutsche Bahn, Sparkassen Finanz Informatik, AOK or Viessmann - all of them benefit from a highly scalable and hardware-agnostic integrated solution portfolio. In addition, we cooperate with several major distribution partners and are OEM partners of Fujitsu, HP and other well-known manufacturers.
Currently, we are strongly growing and want to expand our team significantly for the optimization of existing as well as the development of new applications. At our headquarter in Karlsruhe or our office in Augsburg, we are therefore looking for a software developer Linux (m/f/d). You want to further develop our own operation system? Then you are exactly right with us.
- Further developing and improving our own Linux-based operation system
- Realizing sophisticated applications and services in an agile development environment
- Working on requirements engineering and well as the architecture and design of the corresponding components
- Packaging and deployment using our own packaging system based on our Continuous Integration Server
- Being the contact person for technical issues and in charge of the decision-making regarding specific components
- University degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or completed training as an IT specialist
- Several years of experience in developing applications on Linux using open source libraries with C++
- Experience with version management systems such as git Good knowledge of at least one common scripting language (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Analytical mind and a great understanding of complex algorithms
- Curiosity about how things work and eagerness to improve them
- Good English skills (spoken and written) and good German skills
- You’ll have the chance to design and develop our own Linux-based operating system, which is used on more than 1.5 million devices
- We see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual
- You will be part of an agile tech company on the path of growth
- We are the technological leader in an innovative IT sector
- In the 25+ years of our existence, we have reached an extremely high level of professionalism and technical expertise
- At the same time, the atmosphere is still start-up-like and very dynamic, with flat hierarchies and flexible working models
- We encourage the contribution and implementation of own ideas in the sense of extensive personal responsibility
- Our teams are characterized by an open communication culture and a strong motivation to perform
- We offer you an attractive and performance-oriented compensation package