The Cloud Native Computing Foundation is looking for a technical writer and content manager to work on blog posts, case studies, videos, the End User Technology Radar, and other content initiatives in support of the CNCF ecosystem.
Top candidates will bring deep experience in writing and editing, some experience in PR & Comms, and the ability to come up with new creative ideas and execute them, working both independently as well as with other staffers and contractors.
- Manage the CNCF blog and write and edit posts as needed (which is often!)
- Reinstate and manage the end-user case study program: Create a process for a low-touch case study program engaging with end-user companies, writing case studies, and manage approvals and publication
- Work with the Ecosystem team on the End User Technology Radar to write the blog post
- Write the CNCF Annual Report, Community Spotlights, and other CNCF assets with support from contractors as needed
- Collaborate with outside vendors to do write-ups on survey research
- Collaborate with the video team on CNCF content around KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
- Collaborate with the Online Programs team on live streaming programs
- 5 years of work experience in writing, editing, and content marketing
- Familiarity with cloud computing and container technologies
- Ability to organize and project-manage multiple initiatives at once
- Enthusiasm for creative process and collaboration
- Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
- PR & Communications experience in the cloud-native ecosystem
- Thought leadership and contribution to the cloud-native ecosystem or equivalent
- Technical chops that enable authentic conversations with the cloud-native community
- Video content production experience is a plus
Cloud Native Computing Foundation Overview
Cloud-Native Computing Foundation is creating and driving the adoption of a new computing paradigm that is optimized for modern distributed systems environments capable of scaling to tens of thousands of healing multi-tenant nodes. Cloud-native systems will be containerized, dynamically orchestrated and microservices-oriented. CNCF currently hosts 28 graduated and incubating projects in the cloud-native ecosystem including Kubernetes, Prometheus, Envoy, CoreDNC, containerd, TUF, Jaeger, fluentd, Vitess, and Helm. For more information: https://www.cncf.io/.