Sustained Engineering (SE) is the organization within GTI, focusing on the end-to-end engineering and operations of JPMorgan's critical systems and products as well as production management activities, including incident, problem, change and crisis management processes, and asset lifecycle management.
The Sustained Engineering Strategy Lead provides direct support to the Global Head of SE Strategy & Business Services and indirect support to the SE leadership team through a variety of strategic project work. The Sustained Engineering Strategy Lead acts as an internal consultant, partnering with senior management to deliver on the high priority objectives for the year. This role is responsible for developing and leading initiatives that deliver radical improvements in productivity and transformation through a series of bold initiatives that drive cumulative impact. This may include, but is not limited to, organizational design changes, process re-engineering, change leadership and execution. This leader will also drive the operating model that can sustain new levels of speed, agility, efficiency and precision. This leader must be able to impact the organization not only through their influencing & leadership skills, but by taking personal ownership for the delivery of measurable results. As a Strategy Lead, you will define and drive multi-year planning with the SE leadership team, which includes delivering a multi-year roadmap of initiatives to achieve strategic priorities. The support provided will primarily entail documenting strategy and facilitating roadmap status updates through polished and presentable formats that can be consumed easily by senior management.
* Develop SE Target State vision, multi-year plan and roadmap of initiatives; oversee execution of roadmap
* Assess SE's business challenges, needs, gaps, customer feedback, key problem statements and recommend strategies to leverage SE's talents, assets and capabilities.
* Assist in driving organizational design changes to deliver scalable growth and digital transformation strategies.
* Provide ad-hoc support to the SE leadership team in the development and maintenance of operating models
* Provide consultative strategic support across SE
* Able to translate findings into simple, compelling arguments for change that are grounded and supported with data
* Cultivate key GTI partnerships as needed to support key strategies
* Leverage the organization to execute against recommendations & plans by overcoming barriers and resistance
* Oversight, coordination and execution of key communication deliverables including, but not limited to, town halls, off-sites/workshops, project updates, ad-hoc presentations, staff meeting organization and intranet updates
* Manage your own portfolio and able to determine your own book of work
* Comfortable working as individual contributor and/or oversight of portfolios belonging to others
* 10+ years of experience in Technology within the finance sector
* 10+ years of experience in management consulting, process improvement, project management
* Experience working with or in large, complex, global companies
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Experience in process re-engineering efforts, complex project delivery, organizational change best practices (ITIL, Six Sigma, Design Thinking, Agile etc.)
* Experience in the development of operating models
* Experience working in a matrix management model, utilizing virtual teams
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans