CreateApe, an award winning UX agency based in Southern California, is looking for a fully remote UX director to join the team.
The ideal candidate is both a visionary creative type and an excellent business leader. Looking for someone who is passionate about design and eager to help grow our team in a fast pace agency setting.
This person would help lead the day-to-day operations and interactions with clients, project managers, designers, etc. Would also help establish and execute the future vision for the agency from a UX perspective. The position reports directly to the Founder and CEO.
- 10+ years of UX/UI design experience preferably in an agency or fast paced setting.
- Experience leading or managing a design team
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your experience, storytelling and design presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in business development process, planning for, and delivering complex digital experience projects.
- Experience in reviewing existing systems and processes to identify UX issues and develop UX recommendations.
- Experience in UX research, including planning, designing and facilitating user sessions and client workshops, analyzing findings and articulating results.
- Experience in UX design, including information architecture, user and screen flows, conceptual and detailed wire framing and prototyping.
- Experience with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Ability to inspire people and work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Experience with Agile, Design Sprints and Design Systems.
- A clear passion and enthusiasm for learning and pursuing your expertise, constantly challenging the definition of what makes good user experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Seriously, your passion is a must for this :)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and able to work full-time remote during our PST timezone.
Nice To Have
- Experience in augmented, virtual or mixed reality
- Experience with UX/UI blockchain technology
- Experience with motion graphic design
- Experience with print and branding
- Experience on the sales side of the agency setting
- Fulltime contract position to start
- Salary 6-10K USD monthly with room to grow
- Fully work from home remote
- 3 weeks paid vacation yearly
- Fun team and laid back culture
How To Apply
- Read through the job description and requirements carefully
- Send your resume + portfolio
- Include a short video (up to 5 min) explaining why you are the perfect candidate (let your passion and energy shine).