The US healthcare system does not cover all Americans, and is often frustrating for those that it does. The frustration comes from unnecessarily high medical care costs and a complete lack of cost transparency. At DocVocate, we’re out to fix that!
DocVocate is a VC-backed, rapidly growing healthtech startup on a mission to make medical claim processing easy for doctors and patients. Our API-driven platform is a first of its kind: universal, AI-driven claims management solution for healthcare providers.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer with a mix of hands-on software development and agile management skills to join our team. We are seeking a Lead Engineer looking to develop into a company leader. The ideal candidate resides in or near the US Pacific Time Zone. If you are passionate about building a deeply impactful and innovative platform, and working tirelessly to achieve success, we’d love to meet with you.
In partnership with DocVocate’s leadership team, the Lead Engineer will be responsible for building, leading, and managing our engineering team to deliver the AI-driven healthcare financial platform of the future.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and direct our existing SW development, DevOps, and QA resources.
- Build our capabilities by adding and developing staff as necessary, and maturing our software - development lifecycle.
- Prioritize engineering team backlogs and plan releases.
- Lead agile rituals such as standups, grooming sessions, retrospectives, and demos.
- Contribute to our products directly by developing software.
- Participate in relationships with key customers and partners that inform engineering plans.
- Regularly and proactively communicate delivery schedules and achievements to key stakeholders.
- Travel occasionally to industry events as well as internal, customer and partner meetings (when it is safe to do so).
Who You Are
- You have played a major role in building a successful, high-volume B2B SaaS solution, preferably in healthcare, financial services, or another highly regulated industry.
- You are an experienced engineer or engineering manager that can be effective right away in a cloud-native AWS environment that uses the following technologies:
- React, Django
- AWS Cloudfront, EC2. S3, Lambda, Fargate, Athena
- Github, CircleCI
- Terraform, Packer, Cypress
- Elastic Cloud
- Jira, Slack, Confluence, Trello
- Your primary competence is software development, but you have sufficient knowledge of QA, data engineering, and DevOps to set priorities for these disciplines and gauge the quality of their work.
- You have experience personally resolving production issues in multilayered SaaS products.
- You have a deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a "whatever it takes" attitude towards getting stuff done.
- You have expert communication skills, including the ability to motivate and direct other engineers.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and have an instinct for moving quickly.
What’s In It For You
- Build revenue cycle products to improve efficiency of health care delivery as COVID-19 continues to expose and overwhelm the U.S. healthcare system.
- Work closely with top healthcare professionals in a rapidly growing, seed-stage startup.
- Receive attractive cash and equity compensation, based on experience.
- Thrive in a flexible, open-minded, and supportive culture.
At DocVocate, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
DocVocate is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.