We are looking for a Senior Unity Developer for a Techstars alumni, San Francisco based, but globally distributed startup that helps remote teams collaborating productively and providing team-building games in VR. Our current focus is on making VR experiences that are hilarious and fun.
We are looking for a self-starter who can autonomously identify new ways of enhancing user experience through optimizing low-level code that also minimizes internal technical debt.
If you have...
- Experience developing, performance profiling, and optimizing across multiple VR platforms (in Unity), specifically Oculus Quest
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals (e.g., Entity Component System Architecture)
- Extensive experience developing 3D games/experiences with C# and the .NET Framework in Unity
- Extensive experience with multiplayer networking in Unity (e.g. Photon)
- Experience with Source Control (git)
- Exceptional team player with demonstrated competencies working cross-functionally to deliver results
- Experience with scaling to a large customer base
- Good written and communication skills (English)
- Experience in managing a small team of developers to create Unity/VR products (the role requires 60% individual contribution - 40% team management tasks)
...work with 2-3 developers and a technical artist
...own high-impact features and have to develop them from scratch
...have a strong influence on how features come together
...have a chance to demo your work to the whole company after each sprint
...need to tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and be
eager to learn new/cross-functional skills