Why work with us
Boson Protocol is advancing the world of commerce by enabling enterprises, organisations, and customers to bridge the divide between digital decentralized technologies and the transfer and trade of physical goods.
Our vision is for Boson to become the basic plumbing for dCommerce and its data on the emerging decentralized web, where the value captured is distributed equitably between token holders and protected from capture by a single centralized entity. Read more about us here.
If you are passionate about revolutionizing the way commerce works by bridging the gap between blockchain technology and real world asset transfers, we hope you apply to join us!
As a Technical Lead, you will have responsibility for the technical direction and delivery outcomes of one of our product teams, supporting and evolving the product and technology strategy and assisting in hiring a fast-growing team of exceptional crypto-native engineers.
We are looking for a Technical Lead that can comfortably navigate the rapidly evolving blockchain ecosystem and technologies. You will take initiative in designing and building at the bleeding edge of technology with immediate application in real life. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a technical leadership position supporting and mentoring a diverse team of engineers, as well as experience building and shipping enterprise and consumer facing products. We don’t need you to have an engineering or equivalent degree, though it is desirable. Our main focus is on your past experience and how you delivered results.
This role is for a long-term relationship, working predominantly remotely, becoming an integral part of an international team. Technical Leads will report directly to the CTO and as the organisation grows, to other senior technical leaders.
What you will do:
- Build and lead an outstanding engineering team.
- Make architectural decisions in collaboration with the CTO / development teams.
- Work in a cross functional team (Product Managers, UI / UX, Designers and Engineers) in a highly collaborative environment where you will also speak to our community and often pair to solve problems.
- Coach and mentor team members to encourage continuous growth.
- Help drive the product vision and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Implement new features and deploy them to customers on an ongoing basis.
- Design and build blockchain components that power the open-software ecosystem and enable implementation of massive scale commercial solutions.
- Provide technical support to external teams and customers and also gather requirements to make them more productive.
- Work across the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting and maintaining) using an agile methodology.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in blockchain technology and grow our internal capability.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external experts within various technical domains.
- Help the team champion software quality while being pragmatic.
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Hands-on problem solving.
- Full stack development (React, Node, Go, Rust, MongoDB, GraphQL, containerization/serverless).
- Smart contract programming in Solidity, Vyper or otherwise.
- Cloud computing, data science, information security.
- Modern engineering practices such as continuous delivery, infrastructure as code, test driven development (TDD) and domain driven design (DDD).
- Continuously delivering a product using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development.
- Leading and facilitating workshops with both business and technical teams to foster alignment.
- Cryptography and using zero knowledge proofs as a privacy-preserving and scalable technology.
- Ethereum and operating a blockchain product, familiarity with other blockchain networks is a plus.
- Different scalability approaches, such as rollups and sidechains, knowledge of zk rollups is a big plus.
- Coordinating a globally distributed remote team.
- Mentoring and supporting engineers and building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed.
What we offer you:
- Flexible, remote work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic, fast growth startup
- An opportunity to leverage bleeding edge technology and industry-leading development practices.
- Close collaboration with leading projects in the space, e.g. immediate deep dive into Ocean Protocol integration.
- A highly competitive salary and other potential arrangements. Details depend on ability and experience. Come and talk to us.
Some of our guiding principles:
- Dream Big: We want to build technology that can outlast the founders and reshape commerce and society at large
- Self-Mastery: Mindful conduct and always on learning are critical components of personal and collective growth
- Collaboration: Expertise is key, but sharing knowledge and building together with joy is the foundation of truly remarkable work
- Stay lean: Our ethos is to create and share value equitably, with minimal value extraction.