Job Title: Industrial Designer – All levels
Employment Type: Full time
Location: San Francisco
As an Industrial Designer at Native you will be responsible for the creation, development and refinement of innovative, world-changing design work as a key member of our growing San Francisco design team.
You will be working on an enviable range of projects ranging from the future of healthcare, the latest consumer electronics, the latest physical-digital experience and much more. You will be involved in all stages of a project, from research and concept development all the way to client presentation and production development.
We’re looking for detail-obsessed, boundary-pushers who want to solve the root problem beautifully.
During the current situation, we’re looking for you to join us remotely and eventually on-site as we begin to occupy studio space again.
We are an independent design company working with businesses to deliver exceptional physical/digital design, world-changing user experiences and business growth.
We make our clients successful and people’s lives better. We are designers, developers, anthropologists, strategists, scientists, engineers, researchers and taste-makers.
Together, we make what’s next.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
· Delivering design work of exceptional quality.
· Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and
successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
· Taking the lead role in projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing
clear communication, leadership and direction within your project team.
· Participating in board-level meetings, presentations and workshops.
· Liaising effectively with Clients and translating their requests and business requirements
into specific and tangible changes, while always speaking up for the needs of the end-user.
· Actively engaging in growing the Native industrial design team and the on-going
development of its capabilities.
· If not directly engaged in project work, always seek tasks that add value to the company.
Keep up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research.
Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects.
Key responsibilities include:
· Always ensuring that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of
quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations.
· Always liaise with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner.
· Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client
and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project.
· Proactively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up
with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar.
· Consider the bigger picture and understand the overall context and requirements of each
· Ensure that you and your team’s work is always properly documented, stored and archived.
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Role is remote until we begin to occupy the studio space again.