Job Title: Project Manager
Location: San Francisco
As a Project Manager at Native, you are proudly multi-disciplinary and well-versed in all aspects of the design process. It will be your job to anticipate epiphanies and adapt to the unexpected while meeting project goals and financial metrics. The role is people-focused, fast-paced and requires equal parts pragmatism and intuition.
You will act as a creative facilitator, structuring team dynamics, client communications and internal resources to free our design teams to create their best work. To be a Project Manager at Native demands an eager and energetic mind, a passion for service and a commitment to exquisite delivery.
During the current situation, we’re looking for you to join us remotely and eventually on-site when we begin to occupy studio space again.
We are an independent design company working with businesses to deliver exceptional physical/digital design, world-changing user experiences and business growth.
We make our clients successful and people’s lives better. We are designers, developers, anthropologists, strategists, scientists, engineers, researchers and taste-makers.
Together, we make what’s next.
What we’re looking for:
· 2+ years of project and program management experience within all of the disciplines
represented at Native or the equivalent.
· Broad understanding and familiarity with Native’s overall offering, processes and
methodologies, with subject matter expertise in specific practice areas such as ID,
engineering, interaction design, digital technologies, etc.
· Track-record of effectively managing programs and projects with high-levels of ambiguity
within emerging business and technology sectors while developing a comprehensive
understanding of client needs and objectives and ensure that projects are resourced
· An ability to establish timelines and agendas, actively and accurately monitor progress to
plan, meet deliverables, budget, and deadline targets.
· Strong financial management skills and sound judgement regarding estimation, costing,
measuring and reporting on the financial details of a project.
· Experience in consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive or start-up environments is a
· A tremendous people-person! Brings the whole Native team together.
· Manage multiple highly complex programs that include industrial design, digital design and
convergent practices and processes.
· Collaborate with directors and designers to clearly define project approach, division of
labor, agree on milestones and deliverables within projects and programs.
· Support design teams to deliver to Native’s high standards while ensuring on-time on-
· Engage with clients to clearly document and manage timelines, requirements, scope, risks,
mitigations and assumptions.
· Define resources, set budgets, track progress and produce fact-based forecasts using
sound logic and measurable metrics.
· Create visualizations of program schedules, processes, and methodologies in formats and
fidelities the team and clients can easily understand.
· Actively set and manage client and team expectations in an ongoing fashion to limit
surprises and undue deviation from the stated project plan.
· Report to studio leadership on regular basis to communicate status, issues, risks and
opportunities within ongoing projects and new business pursuits.
· Actively seeks out opportunities to advocate for Native in the design community through
event participation, attending conferences and seminars.
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Role is remote until we begin to occupy the studio space again.