We are aThemes
, a WordPress theme shop (we also blog about WordPress) and we are looking for an lead WordPress developer to join us and help us take our products to the next level.
This is a fully remote position so you can work from anywhere in the world so long as your hours have some overlap with central Europe (i.e. at least 4 hours of your work day overlap with a typical 9-5 in central Europe).
Our major products are Sydney
(100,000 active installs) and Airi
(20,000 installs) as well as the premium versions (so Sydney Pro and Airi Pro).
Your focus will be on improving our major product offerings, and by that I mainly mean adding new features. An upcoming task we have for Sydney, for example, is to add basic Schema support. We have more ambitious features on our roadmap - this is just an example.
We also have a plan to release a new theme this year that will be Gutenberg-first. You would be expected to contribute, or maybe even lead, the development work on this project.
We are a small team and you will be primarily working alongside our current lead developer (as a kind of co-lead). You will also be working closely with me (Charlie, the founder), our product manager, a designer and support staff.
What You Will Do
- Work with our team on adding new functionality to our themes/plugins
- Update existing themes with new features and bug fixes
- Suggest coding best practices
- Stay up to date with the latest web standards and technologies and help us implement them in our themes/internal workflows
- Work on new products (such as our upcoming Gutenberg-focussed theme that we hope to launch this year)
- At least 3 years working as a WordPress developer
- Experience creating WordPress themes/plugins from scratch using best practices
- Experience with GitHub
- A modern approach to web development
Nice to have
- Experience working with Gutenberg (e.g. creating custom blocks)
- Knowledge of the upcoming Full Site Editing (FSE) in WordPress and its implications for themes
- Experience working on a commercial WordPress project (theme or plugin)
- Get to work as part of a small team who are aiming to have a big impact on the world of WordPress
- Large level of autonomy
- Flexible schedule
We are looking to pay in the $30-$50 range and to start you will be working part-time hours (say 10-20 a week). If things go well we will up the hours to around 30 per week. If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply via this link: https://apply.workable.com/athemes/j/1C854467F4/