Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers. Our mission is to enable more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
Our product is a SaaS platform enabling brands to publish their product’s origin, journey and social and environmental impact – in a way that can be trusted – across multiple digital channels.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Product team. You’ll bring creative ideas, a sensitivity for how people use digital products and excellent design execution skills.
Provenance recognises our success is dependent on enabling our customers to create great published experiences – this will be at the heart of your role. Therefore a passion for sustainability is a must. You’ll be working with a small, smart/innovative and creative team with backgrounds in content, product, sustainability and software engineering to pioneer the future of commerce as a force for good.
- Define, design and create the features of the Provenance platform collaborating with our talented team
- Lead and grow a design function at Provenance
- Formulate user personas, customer journey maps, hypotheses and be able to leverage them to make strategic product decisions
- Be able to use research, data (both internal and external) and best practices to provide rationale for features, design concepts and UX decisions
- Create experiences that solve for our different stakeholder needs and client objectives
- Create and rapidly iterate prototypes at various levels of fidelity e.g. sketches, wireframes
- Create assets and technical specifications that enable the successful development of features
- Management of the platform interface design system and asset library
- Maintain and enhance the quality of the Provenance brand design in all the work that is produced from decks and documents to interface design and client deliverables
Skills we are looking for:
- Good ability and experience across the full design process from design research and user interviews, to concept brainstorming, to final UI assets execution
- Creativity and problem solving
- Comfortable exploring design problem and discovery spaces
- Experience in suite of design tools of choice – Sketch and/or Figma experience is highly desirable
- A great eye for user interface considerations, attention to detail, combined with a keen sense of functional usability
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills
- Commercial acumen and ideally have worked with enterprise business customers on digital products
- Experience in B2B SaaS and/or B2C apps is desirable, particularly in a startup environment
- Understanding of social impact, sustainability and supply chains is desirable
- Some understanding of how HTML and CSS works is desirable
- 5+ years of experience in a digital design role
- Happy collaborating with others and working self-directed
- Enjoys crafting user journeys, prototyping and testing product ideas
- Eager to collaborate and brainstorm to contribute to the bigger idea
- Strong at making decisions based on research and knowledge available
- Can visualise, articulate and solve challenging problems involving data
- Makes complex information and language accessible
- Passionate about design and tech as a force for good
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to the mental and physical health of our team
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Free, sustainably-sourced fresh fruit, snacks, tea/coffee, beers & wine in the office
- Regular team workshops, demos and regular social events
We are a proudly Certified B-Corp, on Disrupt’s Top 50 innovators and an Escape the City Top 100 winner. Read more on our mission here.
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current lockdown.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your CV and cover letter through Workable. Also accepting freelancers.