The candidate will be able to redesign and build entire user flows, from designing beautiful pages and layouts to identifying missing or superfluous pages and fields all the way through modifying and building controllers and models.
- 4 year degree, code school, or relevant work experience
- Identify user expectations and how they map to our product
- Craft and simplify individual features and user flows within the product
- Implement new features and flows either by creating the features from scratch or modifying existing features in a large and evolving Ruby on Rails application
- Design beautiful pages so features and flows are presented in the best light
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to work effectively in a group/collaborative setting, be result-oriented, and be a strategic and creative thinker. Strong attention to details, an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, exceptional problem-solving skills, and remain calm and composed in times of stress.
- People Skills: ability to create and maintain good relationships with team members. Must be a confident but friendly and approachable individual who will inspire confidence and trust in his seniors and teammates.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- $80k-$130k depending on experience
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401K matching
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company
Our Reason For Being
Our goal is to help cure all human disease by 2050 by empowering and connecting scientists worldwide.
At Scientist.com we’re looking for like-minded individuals.
Whether it be in accounting, software development, client relations, or marketing, we want inspired people looking to work beyond the regular 9-to-5 to grow the company as they grow themselves.
- At Scientist.com, we embrace change.
- We are bold, open-minded and innovative.
- We are passionate, hardworking and determined.
- We are respectful, ethical and responsible.
- We act with integrity.
- We’re a community of fun people who play hard, joke around, and enjoy each other’s company.
- We’re no drama, no complaints, no excuses, no regrets.
- We build each other up professionally and always look to collaborate.
Looking for perks? we’ve got you covered.
- We value our people
- Scientist.com prides itself on rewarding great work with great compensation. Our competitive benefits package includes premium medical and dental coverage for employees and their dependents. We offer up to six weeks of paid family leave, gourmet lunches, kombucha, cold brew coffee on tap, and much, much more.
- We want our people to value us.
- We’re serious about sharing our successes and want our employees to have skin in the game. All employees receive a generous options package as part of their total compensation, and we match up to 4% pretax of a team member’s annual salary in 401(K) (US) or Pension (UK) contributions.
- Work-life balance
- We believe that quality time outside the office is vital to our employees’ satisfaction and productivity at work. That’s why our flexible vacation plan encourages team members to take time off so they can come back refreshed.
If you think this is the right environment for you to thrive professionally, we’d like to hear from you.